• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Awesome hop plants.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy2B

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just putting up a few hop plants for sale for those keen to get growing.
Have recently finished harvesting my first season dwarf Cluster that I decided to raise in large nursery bags for planting out around the farm. I thought I could spare a couple for anyone interested in growing a hop with potent aroma. I also have a few Victoria hop plants up for grabs as well. They are also in the same nursery bags which hold about 15 litres of soil.
Obviously they will only be for pick up / drop off in the Adelaide and surrounding area unless someone cares to arrange transport.
Recently made a brew with half wet Cluster and half wet Victoria and it has an amazing aroma of raspberry.
Looking at $20 each. Shoot a PM if interested, cheers. More hop photos 2 march 2013 004.jpg

Me me, kick itcto me. Can you tell me what classifies them as dwarf cluster and how the hell did you get them imported?

Yob said:
Me me, kick itcto me. Can you tell me what classifies them as dwarf cluster and how the hell did you get them imported?
I call them dwarf because they don't or haven't grown over 3 metres. I didn't get them imported, they came from Raven.

...right then rummy, so not 'actual' dwarf hops, as in the 'actual' bred cultivars from the 'UK' just what "you" are calling them..

Man, we have been beating this bush for many months, it's about time you let it go.. and both admit that they are 'just' cluster but poor growth ones and lets all move on to greener pastures.!!

I was under the impression that true Cluster don't grow much over 3 metres. There appears to be several different strains of Cluster around. And I don't see what the big deal is calling them dwarf. Any short hop is entitled to be called dwarf as far as I'm concerned, its used as an adjective.

hoppy2B said:
I was under the impression that true Cluster don't grow much over 3 metres. There appears to be several different strains of Cluster around. And I don't see what the big deal is calling them dwarf. Any short hop is entitled to be called dwarf as far as I'm concerned, its used as an adjective.
Dwarf is a totally inaproppriate term, maybe they should be called 'height challenged cluster that may not actually be height challenged or indeed may not even be cluster'.

Do you find it OK to call any short person a dwarf.....

Someone needs to stand up for the hops you disciminative bastards.

I have two Cluster plants in seperate pots which I believe came from the same mother plant.
One is about 3m tall, regular sized leaf and a good number of cones.
The other has failed to reach a metre, small leaves and no sign of flower or cones.
I can put the difference down to the pot size and the difference in water/food retention of the two pots.
I lovingly call my little plant my 'Dwarf Cluster'
I'm allowed to, many will say I am vertically challenged myself. :)

I considered naming them Ravensdwarf or Ravensdorf or something of that nature. :lol:

hoppy2B said:
I considered naming them Raven is dwarf or Raven is dork or something of that nature. :lol:
Corrected for you. :ph34r:

How can I get my hands on some of these?

Shanta said:
How can I get my hands on some of these?
Send me a PM(personal message) by clicking on my name. Or click on the little envelope at the very top of the page as I have just sent you a PM. Cheers

Yob said:
$20 each?

Shouldnt they be half price?
These are fairly large plants in large bags Yob and should give a good yield first season. I will probably have a number of the 2 for $10 rhizomes available a bit later in the year.

will you be digging them up and posting them later in the year?
I'm pretty keen to get my hands on a Victoria rhizome :D

sp0rk said:
will you be digging them up and posting them later in the year?
I'm pretty keen to get my hands on a Victoria rhizome :D
Yeah will do.

Back