Awesome Day..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Was reading about Holgate temptress choc porter the other day and wanted to go to their brewery to try some but I knew if I suggested it to the missus as our Sunday drive she would probably say "its all about beer" so kept quiet and let her decide where we go.

Anyway we went for a drive and noticed some custom cars heading down the Peninsula. We decided to head down that way to see if their was a car show on and got to Sorrento but didnt come across anything, so decided to go to Portsea for lunch.
At the last minute I turned off to cut back through the main street of Sorrento for a look and just happened to come across the custom car show in the car park of the community centre. So had a win there.
Then we went to the pub for lunch and what are they selling over the bar? Holgate temptress choc porter. She liked it but I wasnt that impressed, the chocolate flavour seemed to dominate too much.
I did have a Moa Cocoa hefeweizen that they had on tap which was fantastic.
A nice dark hefeweizen.

So anyway turned out to be a top day with a win all round. great weather, great cars and great beer. Doesn't get any better than that.

IMG_3219.JPG

Some awesome cars.

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

the blue one in the background of the last photo was owned by a friend of mine, i'll have to show her the pic, man she loved that car.

looks like you had a great day

nice day Truman, beats my weekend moving crap around and painting the man/brew cave......but its gonna be good....pictures to come later.

Back