Award winner can't smell or taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hangon - can't smell, can't taste, brews beer. Does he work for CUB by any chance?!

I don't know if he's on here, but he is a West Coast Brewers member (I think he's a "member", that's where I met him), he also posts on Perth Home Brew Share on Facebook. Awesome guy and I've tried his saison before and it's seriously good!

StalkingWilbur said:
I don't know if he's on here, but he is a West Coast Brewers member (I think he's a "member", that's where I met him), he also posts on Perth Home Brew Share on Facebook. Awesome guy and I've tried his saison before and it's seriously good!
Did he happen to share his recipe?

Here is the winning recipe.

Yeast : Belle Saison dry Yeast
Hops: Hallertau 4.8% 70g 60 min and 30g 0 min.

Adj: Sugar 1 KG 15 min
Extract: DME 2kg 60 min + Wheat DME 1kg 15 min

Grain: None all extract.

Carbonation: 3CO2

OG 1.068 to FG 1.004

Fermentation temp/time
start 22C
Ramp by 2C for 8 days
28C for 6 days drop to 17C while i was at work
then bottled 2 weeks later when i got back.

tasting notes - soft bready malts, moderate hop bitterness, prominent fruity esters of banana n pear, spicey peppery phenols.

Thanks, hopefully with the amount of extra advertising this year maybe they will do this comp again next year and hopefully for a few mores years. I also other breweries can this opportunity to more people. And go on the ride of getting their beer brewed.

I told the winner of last years comp beerhatman that it would be cool if they did saison this year and if i could win it. and i did win with a saison.

Back