• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Available at cosco $49

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixStar

Reaction score
Grain storage perhaps?
IMG_6916.jpg

I have read on another forum (ahem) that they fit a full 25kg sack.

They don't look that big. I get metal pails for free. A sack of grain fills 2.

The bigger size holds a full sack but the smaller ones fall short slightly. Can't tell from the photo what size they are. Been using them for a while now.

Tracked down the makers website and they are saying 9.9 Gal US so 37.5L
A 25kg sack of most malt will fit into 2 X 20L pails (some wont - mostly crystal malts) so I'm guessing they wont take a whole bag. They make a bigger one (~61L) which would but cant see them anywhere in Oz, pretty expensive to import just 1 or 2.
MArk

The Costco ones are the 60lb /16.1gallon. You can see it in the photo.

Tracked down the makers website and they are saying 9.9 Gal US so 37.5L
A 25kg sack of most malt will fit into 2 X 20L pails (some wont - mostly crystal malts) so I'm guessing they wont take a whole bag. They make a bigger one (~61L) which would but cant see them anywhere in Oz, pretty expensive to import just 1 or 2.
MArk

I originally got the bigger ones from costco mark, only place i have seen them in aus. Used to be able to get them on amazon shipped for the same price but they stopped shipping them to australia.

The Costco ones are the 60lb /16.1gallon. You can see it in the photo.
Where in the photo, I looked at the makers pictures, the ones in the OP are the smaller 40 model by the look of it to me.
Mark

Where in the photo, I looked at the makers pictures, the ones in the OP are the smaller 40 model by the look of it to me.
Mark
Bottom left grey box on the tag. It's easier to see on the three sitting beside me though :)

That's cheating!
Cant tell what's on the tag in the pick, better yet take a close up of one that's at heal - just curious
Mark

I get 10 litre buckets with a lid, from Paramount Browns here in S.A. for $2 and they are former cream containers. Which is to say they held cream and most likely came from a bakery. Like new, only used for cream once. They couldn't be anything but food grade. Much better value than paying $49 for a dog food container.

Thanks (cheater) looks like a pretty good solution and will take a whole bag easy.
Mark

Back