Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Automated hop and Adjunct additions?

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by aamcle, 30/12/19.

1. aamcle

Posted 30/12/19
    I have built anything for some time I have a GF now, it's a competent system but simply less fun than my own efforts as a result I'm again thinking about building a 'thing'.

I'd probably use CBPi to control it as it's well supported and I have a Pi to hand.

The Countertop Burtus20 (my first brewery) seems a good place to start and simple enough to modify until I get to the Hop and Adjunct additions.

The options seem to be :-

Drop cages of hops into the boil which is simply untidy and more difficult if I'm adding Candy Syrup which would need mixing.
    A flow through system like the Picobrew or Minibrew, I like this as an idea but I don't know how they did it. Unless they used lots of valves and pumps.

If you have built a system with automated additions I'd appreciate it if you would be willing to share your design.

Many Thanks. Aamcle

2. shanos

Posted 30/12/19
    I was looking at something like this, I already use craftbeerpi so wouldn't be to hard to implement into it. Google 'Hop Dropper' and check out youtube vids for some builds. Cheers

3. aamcle

Posted 31/12/19
    Thanks shanos.

Aamcle

4. mojonojo

Posted 23/1/20
Draft saved Draft deleted