Auto-siphon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
Saw this in the Nothern Brewers catalog-

Spiel is as follows: One stroke of the racking cane/piston assembly will start a siphon when immersed in as little as six inches of beer or wine; less than six inches may require a second stroke.

Have been up and down thru every Australian HBS website I can find, but can't see that anyone has them.
Doing primary beer in a 25l demijohn & ciders in a 10L, using the old fashioned suck & siphon tube is a bit hard without getting stuff all over the floor, this looks ideal.

auto_siphon.jpg

Brewers Choice in Chapel Hill, Brisbane sell them. I got mine there and have used it for the last two and a half years. They're perfect for racking without transfering too much yeast.

- Snow

We sell something very similar at supercheap auto for a couple of bucks, called a jiggler syphon. It's intended for people who dont appreciate a mouthful of petrol.

I dont know what kind of plastic they're made from, hence cant comment if they're food safe.

Try looking in your local aquarium shop..

My Auto Syphon looses its syphon.

The little sucker has stopped sucking .

Stuster has given some councelling on this but I am dissapointed that it sucks sometimes but not others .

Can anyone help ?

Pumpy :(

Stuster has given some councelling on this but I am dissapointed that it sucks sometimes but not others .

Can anyone help ?

Hey Pump, does your hose fit tightly to the racking cane, have to maintain the vacuum (suckuum). Had a similar problem and found that the hose was letting air in occasionally where it was pushed over the racking cane, bought some pvc hose with a slightly smaller ID which fixed the problem.

Saw this in the Nothern Brewers catalog-

Spiel is as follows: One stroke of the racking cane/piston assembly will start a siphon when immersed in as little as six inches of beer or wine; less than six inches may require a second stroke.

Have been up and down thru every Australian HBS website I can find, but can't see that anyone has them.
Doing primary beer in a 25l demijohn & ciders in a 10L, using the old fashioned suck & siphon tube is a bit hard without getting stuff all over the floor, this looks ideal.

Another on-line store that sells them. Linky.
$16 + postage. They are very handy.

:beer:

Can anyone help ?

Hey Pump, does your hose fit tightly to the racking cane, have to maintain the vacuum (suckuum). Had a similar problem and found that the hose was letting air in occasionally where it was pushed over the racking cane, bought some pvc hose with a slightly smaller ID which fixed the problem.

Screwtop I will double check that

Pumpy :)

No affiliation etc but Mark sells them at MHB as well, will do delivery (as I understand) www.ubrew.com.au. Not listed on the website but contact info is there.

TWOC Home Brew, Bibra Lake WA had them as well when I was last there.

As usual see your LHB
The Auto Siphon is supplied by Brewcraft Re-Order Number 40355, any good HBS will have or be able to order you one

MHB

Latest posts

Back