Australias Hottest 100 Poll 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all -

Matt from Brews News here. Thanks for letting us know of the problem with the security code - it does seem to be an IE problem. We'll see what we can do, otherwise if you have access to another browser it should work.

Thanks for voting! And while you're in a voting mood, don't forget to vote to Mercurio's Menu! http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2011/12/give-beer-a-logie/

Matt

Thanks for the continued feedback. Will let you know when the (what I think is an) IE issue is resolved.

For the guys who are voicing concern about the comp itself - and you're entitled to your view - this isn't rigged at all. This is a genuine attempt to have a popular vote for Australia's best beer. Because of concerns about some of last year's results, the format has been looked at and that why this new system - and the security - has been used, to make it hard for anyone to game the system. The intention is to have a robust and secure voting system so that the results mean something.

Although 750 beers have been entered into the voting system to select from, we have become aware that some are still missing. This isn't deliberate, just an oversight. If there is a beer that you want to vote for and can't find, look under the brewery name (eg Little Brewing Company for the Wicked Elf beers). If you still can't find it, email me at [email protected] and I will pass it on to the guys who created the voting system to add and will let you know when it's done sp you can vote for it.

Thanks for your patience during the teething problems, and thanks for taking the time to vote!

Matt

Voting completed with my favorite Vic micros getting votes :D

Done my voting, I hanging to see the results. Kooindas Black IPA did it for me this year :)

Done my voting, I hanging to see the results. Kooindas Black IPA did it for me this year :)
Have to agree and it's in my top five. But Redhill scotch Ale takes first spot for my tastes.

Little Creatures is on the list? Owned by a multi national?
Wicked Elf is missing?

The poll is a crock of bovine excrement, I won't participate.

I tried but it didn't work either. I hope they get this glitch sorted out.

If there are beers missing, there is link to email them so the beers can be added.

It's good to see quite a few brewers who are a part of this forum with beers on the list.

I can't believe people still voluntarily use IE.

Also how much say do you think lion nathan have in the running of little creatures when they only own 40%? I don't think that their beers have been 'watered down' like matilda bay have for example...

I'm in, go Billy B's Golden Apple Beer! (a case of them would probably kill you @ 12% ABV)

I'm done. no problems here. Cavalier Pale #1 for me.

First results are in....
porkspin
edit> got one in Wade - 99. Four Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Summer Wheat
now to get on to the roof repairs....

Well done Wade. That's only 6 places behind Matilda Bay Alpha Pale Ale and 7 behind James Squire Amber Ale, two very well recognised Australian craft beers.

You must be doing something right. It's good to see your hard work paying off. Congratulations.

Well done Wade. That's only 6 places behind Matilda Bay Alpha Pale Ale and 7 behind James Squire Amber Ale, two very well recognised Australian craft beers.

You must be doing something right. It's good to see your hard work paying off. Congratulations.
Thanks guys. I'm pumped!

Can't wait to see where the Pale comes in?

Thanks guys. I'm pumped!

Can't wait to see where the Pale comes in?
a creditable -
53. Four Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Pale Ale
faark! - higher than Wild Thing.

Edit: then again
51. Kosciuszko Brewing Company - Pale Ale
52. Burleigh Brewing Company - Pale Ale
(looks like some voting interference is happening via voting blocks)

a creditable -
53. Four Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Pale Ale
faark! - higher than Wild Thing.

Edit: then again
51. Kosciuszko Brewing Company - Pale Ale
52. Burleigh Brewing Company - Pale Ale
(looks like some voting interference is happening via voting blocks)
Definitely not a perfect way to rate beers but ill take #53!

After all my beer is only on at a handful of pubs and 2 of them are in Ipswich!

Back