Australian Series On Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Does anybody have pay TV?

The Lifestyle Channel is broadcasting a six-part Australian-made series called 'Beer - An Insider's Guide' from Monday 6 September at 9pm.

The first episode is called 'Appreciating Beer' and gives an overview of how beer is made, what's in it and how to drink it.

Is there anyone in Adelaide who can do a few acidental copies for fellow AHB Members?

I would like to get an accidental copy of the series...

We IT people call it an off-site backup. Just in case there is a fire at the TV station or something, then we'll be able to give it back to them.

Damn, used to have Optus, and thanks to DeScaler i could record TV to mpegs if i would have wanted to. Which due to legal reasons i never actually performed, or would dream of doing. Naturally.

Time to hit up some friends with PVR's.

Dscaler is dead they set up a encryption on most channels
ccdxp32 is the only one now and its stuffed keeps scrolling all the time

hopefully we could all have off site backups form a tv card

sintax

CCDXP32 works really well for, um, my friend. You do have to lock the channel in each time you use it, but it will stay locked for hours once done.

Just watched the first episode on the Lifestyle channel.
Couldn't half tell it was sponsored by Lion Nathan.
Some great shots of big copper kettles a Tooheys and big piles of POR hops being harvested. Two small highlights in 30 mins.
Maybe next week will be better.

Beers,
Doc

Anyone else catch it tonight ?
Was a bit better this week with the majority of the focus on the Australian International Beer Awards.
Good to see a NZ micro take the top honours :p

Beers,
Doc

Yup.. Saw a trailer the other day with Mr Miles'(Country Brewer fame) mug all over it.. and all the hops on a shelf in little bottles(heard this has been fixed since)...can't wait for that one..

Doc said:
Good to see a NZ micro take the top honours :p

Beers,
Doc

I thought it was a bit suss that the top honour went to one of the JUDGES. :D :lol:

Jase said:
I thought it was a bit suss that the top honour went to one of the JUDGES. :D :lol:
Or even more sus that for International Beer Awards the two top awards went to NZ and Australia :lol:

Doc

I'd love to go down there for the beer sampling night. Look like a sensational night.

Jase

Linz said:
Yup.. Saw a trailer the other day with Mr Miles'(Country Brewer fame) mug all over it..
As it is not enough that I make a fool of myself every day of the week ... but now everyone gets to see me do it on TV!!!! :huh:

Actually, the producer of this series was a top bloke ... but just remember guys, it was made for the masses, not us die hard home brewers. Some might think the content is basic for them, but all these things raise awareness in what we do ... so I applaud them!

Shawn
TCB

Anything to get the word out is a plus.

Have you seen the whole series prior to it going to air, Armstrong???

Linz said:
Have you seen the whole series prior to it going to air?
Nope, I haven't seen any of it at all!

When talking to them, there was talk that it may be available on DVD ... I'd imagine that would be after it airs

watched a bit more last night, basic but still fun to watch... what about those can collectors?..

Anyone catch it tonight ?
I missed it as I was too busy kegging and making yeast starters.

Beers,
Doc

Mainly on the Adelaide "taste Australia " festival. Focused mainly on food matching with beer, and also matching with cheese; got it on tape anyhoo

And if you have foxtel digital you can catch it again, 2 hours later, on Lifestyle+2

Yer I managed to catch it, fisrt one I have remebered :( Was mainly focused on matching beer with food and getting across that wine is not the be all and end all in terms of meal accompaniments [?sp].

It was a given that nothing goes with a bbq better than beer (and that women can't cook on bbqs!). Given that I missed all the oter ones I was hoping for some more techy stuff, ahh well.

Back