Australian Homebrewing Magazines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there were any Australian Homebrewing Magazines. I have looked in newsagencies and found nothing.

Scotty

There were two magazines around in the past - Ausbeer which Colin Penrose edited and Australian Home Brewer which Laurie Strachan edited. Both of these have long gone and after chatting with Colin at teh Bathurst comp this year, they are not likely to be back due to low demand.

Cheers
Pedro

Pedro said:
There were two magazines around in the past - Ausbeer which Colin Penrose edited and Australian Home Brewer which Laurie Strachan edited. Both of these have long gone and after chatting with Colin at teh Bathurst comp this year, they are not likely to be back due to low demand.
[post="51115"][/post]​
We still have stacks of Ausbeer mags at our club. Barry Hastings was one of the guys who got it started.

I picked up about 3 Ausbeer magazines from an ebay auction along with some other stuff. Really enjoyed reading them and I'd like to pick up some more some time.

tony

I hear on the grape vine, a new oz mag may be starting soon..........
Fingers and toes crossed.

tonydav said:
I picked up about 3 Ausbeer magazines from an ebay auction along with some other stuff. Really enjoyed reading them and I'd like to pick up some more some time.
[post="51131"][/post]​

Tony PM me to remind me to ask at the next club meeting whether we have them for sale. These are mint condition and we probably still have copies of every edition. We have them as giveaways at the club christmas party.

Maybe I should be flogging them on eBay ;-)

cheers

I picked up some 15 old Ausbeers and Australian Home Brewers dating from 93 to 98 yesterday, in a 2nd hand book exchange. Got the lot, and a couple similar vintage US beer mags, for $10 :)

They make very interesting reading. And I can now see why so many old heads feel that BYO and Zymurgy are nothing but ads.

Had a chuckle to see some familiar Adelaide names - Thomas Hamman & Andrew Schultz (Grumpys), Simon Sellick (Port Dock), Luke Parsons (Brewmaker and Jovial Monk) - picking up prizes in comps from the time, sometimes for their extract brews.

Sadly, apart from one of Luke, I haven't come across any partricularly embarrassing or incriminating photos :(
So my hoped for blackmail career hasn't really blossomed

Latest posts

Back