Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nominated brew shop (National Home Brew) just contacted me to let me know they'd been emailed by the Comp organisers weeks ago about prizes, replied to that email, but then not had a response since.

So they (NHB) have now gone ahead and donated a prize to me, which is very good of them.

Medals would be great, but I've given up contacting the comp organisers and have no realistic hope that anything more will come of it.

I want my yeast at least

Email the guy from Lallemand that would've been on the yeast order form that was sent out. He's the one that'll sort that for you. I'll PM his address to you in a moment.

I did get an enigmatic friendly reply from the West Coast Brewer's Facebook account that medals would be out in a week or two, and vouchers have been ordered... the Lallemand guy sent me the yeasts last week, a day or two after I got around to asking for them - very nice guy.

I'm a passionate homebrewer that was fortunate to place, I'm thankful for the constructive feedback provided by all those busy judges last year, the feedback I'll use to improve this year hopefully., This may be a vain request but I was just wondering if anyone received their medals yet? I'd love some physical bragging rights to show my mates, does it usually take this long? or do I get the medal in October 2018 at ANHC?

This may be a normal thing, sorry as i'm not sure, I just thought I'd ask, it my be just a "WA time" thing.

I got another enigmatic post from the West Coast Brewer's saying the 'organiser' was being pushed, vouchers were being organized, WBC had no idea about medals. I am going to email AABC to enquire what they are going to do about it.

There will be an email going out to all winners shortly explaining where things are at and how the situation is planned to be fixed once and for all.

Last edited:
When you login, does it show up? I'm on the website now and there's nothing registered for me to enter?

I don't know if I've registered before so I might have multiple accounts. Thought they were emailing us about the steps to enter into the Nationals?

If you haven't used Compmaster before you will need to create an account.

Once you are logged in;
Hover over "Select a Competition"
Select "...from open competitions"
Select "AABC2018"
Click on "Enter AABC2018 now"

fill in all your brews details.

When you get to the end you will get options to Confirm and Pay, or Confirm and Pay later

If you have more than one entry choose the pay later option and add your other entries.

Once you have paid you can print off the label to stick to your bottle.

Hope this helps

It seems noone has mentioned it here so I will.

Entries need to be registered by the 7th, this Sunday

ah ha.. I managed to get 2 in. Very doubtful any will medal this year.

Given that Compmaster had the ability to get results out straight away. Will the result be available on Compmaster before the awards night....

Just in case a winner wants to make a last minute attendance to collect in person

Back