Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my scoresheets last night via email.

There was heaps of detailed comments and suggestions. One of my beers bombed out pretty bad but the comments on that one were I think especially helpful.

Thanks so much to the judges.and to everyone else involved in the aabc this year. Cheers :beer:

I recieved my score sheets via email Sunday night. Was great to see such great comments and tips. I must say they were all very consistent too. Hopefully I can put this advice to good use and improve some beers and hopefully compete and nationals again next year.

Thanks to all those involved.
Beamer

Yob said:
still nothing.. should I be contacting people yet?
I got my Cider scoresheets through overnight so I wouldn't stress just yet.

Were you emails from the aabc or from your respective state brewing association?

Autopilot said:
Were you emails from the aabc or from your respective state brewing association?
From a personal email account on behalf of SA AABC committee and the email looks very SPAM-like.

Parks said:
From a personal email account on behalf of SA AABC committee and the email looks very SPAM-like.
I got mine from a personal email. Looks a little spammy, but my email (gmail) didn't filter it.

pcqypcqy said:
I got mine from a personal email. Looks a little spammy, but my email (gmail) didn't filter it.
Mine didn't get filtered either.

I haven't received my scoresheet yet. My entry was administered by Vicbrew. Anyone other Vicbrew entrants still waiting on scoresheets?

MichaelM said:
I haven't received my scoresheet yet. My entry was administered by Vicbrew. Anyone other Vicbrew entrants still waiting on scoresheets?
One of the Bayside place getters was posted his glass and the box had all the Bayside score sheets in it. Haven't heard of anyone in the club receiving them via email.

I guess when a different state runs the AABC every year, consistency in processes is not going to happen.....annoying as it may be!

Yob said:
well Im starting to think this is pretty shit.

No communication, no email, no letters... this the the Nats which should be as good or better than club run comps.. which it isnt.

Who to contact? The AABC is rather light on contact cards
Something people don't seem to realise is communication is absolute key in any organisation.

It would be nothing for organisers to have a twitter update saying "Results expected to be posted by ..."

Then later "Results for x, y and z classed emailed out. Please contact <blah> if you haven't received yours"

We all know that everyone are volunteers. We really appreciate the massive effort that goes into these competitions. With a very small amount of communication people are generally happy to wait while processing occurs.

GalBrew said:
I guess when a different state runs the AABC every year, consistency in processes is not going to happen.....annoying as it may be!
youll have to forgive me if I think doing a good job it part of the responsibility of putting it on... cant do it?

Step aside and let someone who will.. as said above, a little communication goes a long way, to date there has been none.

Yesterday, in the mail, I got an engraved glass for a 2nd place and also an engraved medal for a 3rd place.

Seeing as all the categories are sponsored, does this mean winners/placers should be expecting prizes?

As a category sponsor I think our money paid for the medals and glassware

kaiserben said:
Yesterday, in the mail, I got an engraved glass for a 2nd place and also an engraved medal for a 3rd place.

Seeing as all the categories are sponsored, does this mean winners/placers should be expecting prizes?
Erm...yeah, that would be your engraved glass & medal....

Latest posts

Back