Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoked with a 40.5 3rd Place in the Specialty with a American Bourbon Oaked Russian Imperial Stout and a 5th with 30.5 with a Baltic Porter.. Booyeah :super:

timmi9191 said:
My entry doesnt appear. Who do I need to contact?
Have you looked at both of the html files? One only lists the top 3 so make sure you check the full list. If it isn't in there speak to your state delegates as they are who Dave has been liaising with.

Woohoo! Best ESB!

Okay, okay... 5th place bitter ale, but stoked as. :D

Thanks to the Melbourne Brewers* fellas organising the bottle deliveries.

Ed: * Corrected thanks...

antmandan said:
Have you looked at both of the html files? One only lists the top 3 so make sure you check the full list. If it isn't in there speak to your state delegates as they are who Dave has been liaising with.
yes, im looking at the full list and its not there.

timmi9191 said:
2 of mine aren't there either a german pil and american barley wine. the other 2 are ? not sure what may have happened ?

Thanks to the organisers. A lot of hard and under-appreciated work done.

Congrats to everyone for getting to the nationals. Super stoked with my result :)

mxd said:
2 of mine aren't there either a german pil and american barley wine. the other 2 are ? not sure what may have happened ?

timmi9191 said:
One of the Victorian boxes went missing in transit, as in it never turned up at Craftbrewer. I believe that Dave had been making loads of frantic emails and phonecalls with your delegates, and AusPost to try to work it out. timmi919 I'm guessing yours was a Common Cider? And Matt I can see your name in the list of missing beers as well. I think the entries were split for postage which is why some of your beers arrived and those that were in the missing box are the ones you can't see on the list.

It's such a shame that this sometimes happens, I'm sure there were some great beers in that bunch :(

What the hell. My cider is not there! What.... There was a box that went missing from vic? Is my entry part of the missing shipment? I dropped my entry at Melbourne Brewers club night.

Well done fellas. Didn't get a place but look forward to seeing the feedback.

Well done organisers on such a quick turnaround, and thanks all for your efforts.

Well done Mr No-Tip, third nationals weizen gold in a row, and 2nd place champion brewer. Marvellous effort that!

antmandan said:
One of the Victorian boxes went missing in transit, as in it never turned up at Craftbrewer. I believe that Dave had been making loads of frantic emails and phonecalls with your delegates, and AusPost to try to work it out. timmi919 I'm guessing yours was a Common Cider? And Matt I can see your name in the list of missing beers as well. I think the entries were split for postage which is why some of your beers arrived and those that were in the missing box are the ones you can't see on the list.

It's such a shame that this sometimes happens, I'm sure there were some great beers in that bunch :(
thanks for the update

bloody aus post :)

Congrats to all the winners and especially WA who have taken our Champion State for the first time !!
Well done guys. I'm pretty disappointed with how QLD went, but am rapt that you guys took it out.

Thank you to all my amazing helpers - Organisers, Judges and Stewards and special thanks to all the guys who traveled from Interstate or afar to assist us to run the AABC for the first time here in QLD. We had ACT, VIC, NSW and of course QLD judges.

Clarification on a few items.
Firstly, we postponed our registration date because 50 or so entries that we were expecting still hadn't arrived in Brisbane by the competition closing date of 2nd October.
Following registration on 10th October, we still didn't have a few parcels (25 or so beers). We were tracking some on AUSPOST.
I waited till the last minute on Thursday October 15 to register the stragglers. We moved the beers to the venue on Friday October 16.
Comp was run on October 17. The final wash up for the entries that didn't make it into the AABC was 8 beers from VIC in one package still hadn't arrived, 1 beer arrived but was empty, one beer exploded in a 1 degree coldrooom and one was broken en route to the venue. I have sent details and photos to your delegates and have been in constant contact with them regarding these entries. We did our best to include everyone's entries and run a fair competition. I believe we achieved this.

The Champion beer went to a countback as per the AABC listed rules and was checked by delegates before releasing results. Both beers were crackers !

We will now start the large job of posting your scoresheets and medals to you as soon as we take a breath.

Cheers,

Dave Clarke
Organiser/Chief Steward & Fridge Monkey for AABC 2015

Thanks to all the volunteers who ran the event and for the fast posting of results.

Congratulations to all the brewers who placed and WA for winning the overall best state.

I am very happy with a 1st and 2nd from 5 entries.

To those that did not place it is still a great effort to qualify for the nationals and all of the beers would have been good examples of style when they placed at state level.

antmandan said:

FWIW, I participated in the NSW Comp help at Bathurst, years ago, and although my prize arrived in the mail, the judging sheets never turned up.

Seems that some crafty bastards (employees) at Aus Post are still happy to liberate goods at will.

I received a postcard from Aus Post some time later advising that some of my mail was identified as having been stolen internally, and they were taking it seriously, and an investigation was taking place. No follow up was received by me. Strange!

Fairly peed off - how the F*** does a beer that scores over 40 at States score 13 at the Nationals? Interested in receiving feedback as its still tasting great form the keg; guessing infected bottle which is really annoying as the others I bottled at the same time for a mate are fine.

Mild ale was also presumably in the missing case from Vic as it has no score...

Rant over and congrats to the winners; thanks to judges, organisers, stewards and all

Latest posts

Back