Australian Ahb Beer Idol Awards

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
well guys/gals
we have the australian music idol awards so i was thinking in a beer haze...why not ahb end of posting year beer idol.
you get to vote for your favourite beer poster....
idiot beer poster ;)
best photo poster
best answer poster
most fav general person poster
best question of the year poster
best help for beer gear award

the list goes on.
feel free to add and maybe we can amongst the main posters sort out some catergories and even prizes as a bit of a end of year thank you for support.

what do you reckon.a goer or what?

cheers
big d

How bout a Beer-low

3, 2, 1 votes for the stupid things you've done pissed...

or the stupid things posted

Perhaps i get 2 votes for thinking of the beer-low?

Maybe just like Australian Idol last week(not that I watch it!!) there could be votes for those that are the most hilarious in terms of entertainment. eg that asian guy on US Idol that sang 'She Bangs'' and ended up releasing his own album.

what about the most stupid idiot poster i know i win the worst spelling and grammar and proud of it.

I like it Dave, good idea.
As long as we don't start with all 590 members and eliminate people each week? :lol: would take forever!

hi hoops
im thinking we can get a few members together and sort out some criteria and get some prizes together maybe and have an end of year award for various catergories.
bit of fun and a bit of serious stuff as well.
good xmas end of year gathering over the net for distant beers and cheers and maybe we can laugh over the years postings serious and not.

cheers
dave/big d

Do you want a PITA or most hated Poster Award - there is no comparison - we all know who would win taht...

I like the idea of the best Seller award - GMKentereprises would have to be up there :)

GMK said:
Do you want a PITA or most hated Poster Award
I like the idea of the best Seller award - GMKentereprises would have to be up there :)
GMK

Are you saying that you are going to collect the prizes for all three of these categories :p

Pedro

hahhahah, better get the criteria under control otherwise everyone is going to nominate themselves :p

Doc

no but you will be required to sleep with the judges

GMK said:
Sorry ken my vote for that award would have to go to darren as a truck load and few thousand dollars worth of malt beats your few bits of scrounged kegging gear. :p

Sosman gets a vote from me, not sure what for yet maybe just for being sos! :)

If we're nominating ourselves, then i guess iam in the most drunkard section. :blink:

I'll have to have a think about who else i think has inspired me this year and contributed a lot to the forum.

Oh, Award for most posted quick ten words or less no back bone blanket statements GMK can have that one. :ph34r:

TDA has the unrelated to beer photo thread award vote.

Cheers Jayse

I second Jayses nomination. Have a vague recollection, (was it in this forum?), of him posting one morning, asking who had been posting using his name the night before, cos he had no recollection of writing it. Nice work, something to aspire to.

Here are a couple of thoughts.

Step 1.
We create a bunch of categories.

Step 2.
You guys get to nominate members who qualify for each category and list why you nominated them.

Step 3.
A poll will then be genereated for each category with the nominees.
Members get a week to vote in the poll.

Step 4.
We will then have winners. Winners will be announced.

Therefore we need some categories. So far we have mentioned (and I've added a couple)

The AHB member who:

posted the most idiotic/stupid post of the year
best photo poster
best answer poster
poster with the worst spelling and grammer
talks the most about brewing without hardly ever brewing
most drunkard member
bigest contribution to AHB for 2004
most posted quick ten words or less no back bone blanket statements
most unrelated to beer posts
most inspiring AHB member

What about "most spare time on his hands"... Doc..

Since they're Idol Awards...

Does Dicko have the final say??

Doc said:
posted the most idiotic/stupid post of the year
best photo poster
best answer poster
poster with the worst spelling and grammer
talks the most about brewing without hardly ever brewing
most drunkard member
bigest contribution to AHB for 2004
most posted quick ten words or less no back bone blanket statements
most unrelated to beer posts
most inspiring AHB member
If we get another 500 titles then no one would miss out. :D

So far i don't know of anyone who'll be challanging you for destructive brewer of the year prime.

Jayse

Back