Australia Win - A Star Is Born

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

WSB
Reaction score
Pat Cummins not only takes a 6 for on debut. He hits the winning runs in one of the most gripping run chases I have watched.

Australia won by 2 wickets, scoring 8/310 which is a record for tests in Johannesburg.

Too excited to hit the hay, what homebrew is in the fridge? Oh, a smoked amber ale from a case swap. Delightful.

shit I forgot all about it. I was going to watch the last day online over here.
I'm going to read the review now. Did ponting get his ton?

60 odd for Punter. Haddin made 50 odd too.

Great series leveller, now to destroy NZ then India at home this summer!

A show of grit by us in the end to get us out of gaol but its hard to be confident about whats ahead.

So whats your best guess at this summers series? Our chances seem to have taken a turn for the worst with all the injuries from SA tour. Have we got enough talant in reserve? Who should get a go?
Daz

I think Warner has what it takes. He is more than happy to adapt his game and learnt to play the different forms of cricket. I really hope he makes a real go of it at test level.

We have some great quicks in the making.

Lets hope it is the start of a new era

Day one Woot! Im heading off shortly. Tension rising. C'mon straya!
Daz

I hope you see a hat trick bowled by an aussie bowler, or Punter ton up.

I was there last year to see the hat trick. Only highlight of the ashes imo...!

I hope you see a hat trick bowled by an aussie bowler, or Punter ton up.

I was there last year to see the hat trick. Only highlight of the ashes imo...!

Was a great moment thats for sure Raven. Paxx and myself there also,(The second hat trick Ive seen), but alas this year's day one was somewhat uneventfull. We had some highlights though, if Ive got it right , the three debutants each got a wicket, noting Lyon looked the goods and Siddle lead the charge, you could see that in his figures after the first session.

A dropped slips catch straight in the bread basket by Pup let the pressure off and let them battle on to a respectical score nearing tea. We would of had them stuffed and possibly been in for a bat this arvo if that one stuck and the weather held out. As it turned out the clouds and rain moved in at tea and they called light.
Hang around a little then off to Brewhouse for a pint then bus out. A good day all up with the new attack showing promise.
Bring it on tomorrow.
Daz

Hoping to see a lot of tomorrow whilst at home doing some reno's.

Great to see young fast bowlers taking wickets!

Back