Australia Post Problems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scene: Royston Vasey Local Post Office

Tubbs: Edward, theres a strange parcel here. its very heavy. its addressed to a mr Green Iguana. He's not a local.
Edward: How strange Tubbs. I bet he's part of that bypass road building people.
Tubbs: What will we do Edward ? Should we send it to Lon-don ?
Edward: NO Tubbs ! Lets open it. Lets see what evil these road bypass people bring to our local village !
(sound of red auspost plastic & bubble wrap being ripped open)
Edward: My God Tubbs, what is this mechanical contraption ? Its... its hideous !
Tubbs: Edward, it has crankasteina written on it. What does that mean ?
Edward: I dont know Tubbs. But those evil bypass people will not have it. Put it upstairs with the other items that are not for locals.
Edward: Rememeber Tubbs, this is a local shop for local people !

PostModern said:
Jim - Perth said:
"Photos - Do Not Bend".
[post="73611"][/post]​

Oh yes they do!
[post="73613"][/post]​

As a part time pro photographer I send photos all the time. I asked aus post's advice and they advised me to write "Photographs, Please do not bend". Apparently it looks politer and the postie is less likely to mistake it for a statement of fact that it is their duty to falsify...

Cheers
Dave

I think that this mill is a lost cause....TWOC has put some forms into australia post to try and find it, however I am not confident that anything will turn up.

Now, what can I do ? i do feel that TWOc was negligent in not sending it in at minimum REGISTERED mail. I had already paid for the mill+postage..this IMO is just not good enough....however i realise that they did not lose it...aust. post did. I am going to demand a replacement.....if i encounter problems with TWOC i will then talk to frank at crankandstein......i had already asked fred to send one when he told me to go through TWOC........

sorry for the rant.....any advice?

Cheers

Green Iguana said:
I think that this mill is a lost cause....TWOC has put some forms into australia post to try and find it, however I am not confident that anything will turn up.

Now, what can I do ? i do feel that TWOc was negligent in not sending it in at minimum REGISTERED mail. I had already paid for the mill+postage..this IMO is just not good enough....however i realise that they did not lose it...aust. post did. I am going to demand a replacement.....if i encounter problems with TWOC i will then talk to frank at crankandstein......i had already asked fred to send one when he told me to go through TWOC........

sorry for the rant.....any advice?

Cheers
[post="74053"][/post]​
The reason I did not buy direct from TWOC (After being asked by Fred to do so) was because of their horizontal approach to running a business and the fear of something like this happening...My mill getting "Lost"
In the end I emailed fred with my concerns and arranged to buy direct from him, I am now VERY glad I did.
I know this wont make you feel any better but it makes me feel like I made the right choice.
Regarding the mill that was lost by Aus post, I don't think you will see your money back unless it was insured before it was sent. :(

GI,
That totally sucks what has happened.
Auspost are turdheads. How they keep losing mail is amazing.
Keep at them and hopefully it will turn up somewhere.
And a lesson learnt for the TWOC owner here I suppose.

johnno

I am devo.....I received a NASA from G&G is less than 5days.....i bought 75Kg of grain.....set up two convereted kegs for the HLT and kettle....bought new lines,ball valves,built a 3 tier stand........its all there ready to brew except the mill...so painful...my kegs have been empty for 6 weeks....the beer gods will not be happy...I MUST BREW now....

Isnt it funny how your phone bill never gets lost in the mail, but a article of extreme importance and pasion..............gooooooone.
:angry:

I didn't notice this before on the TWOC website.....that seals it....they need to send me a new mill ASAP without doubt....Roy should have got insurance...its the policy on his own website!

Cheers

bit hard to read but did it say freight insurance is free.?
in which case yep he should reimburse you .

best of luck iguana

The mill has gone missing, Australia post seem unable or unwilling to sort out this mess. I was at the point of taking some firm action, however when I arrived home after work today a pick up note was waiting in the letter box.

Turns out Roy at TWOC had gottten sick of waiting for aussie post and expressed mailed me a replacement mill. Some points;

The same model that I ordered, not the less expensive model.
Arrived today after express posting on monday.
I did not ask TWOC for a replacement mill, I had intended to do so today.
Roy sent the mill out of good faith.

So this setteles it, Roy is a top bloke, TWOC have come through, I am stoked.

Cheers

Thats good to hear,all's well that ends well!
and its still the best LHBS in town... so have you used it yet?

Back