Australia Post Problems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Iguana

Reaction score
I ordered a crankandstein from TWOC a while back, roy posted it (non registered) in a 3kg red post bag on the 3 rd August. WHERE THE HELL IS MY MILL ! Australia post said that it should have taken 6-9 days, they also claim to have no clue to it's where abouts...we are talking about a 1ft by 4inch 3 kg box.....how could this go missing ?
Has anyone else had similar problems...i am spewing and so is roy.......

Cheers

i have just had a parcel go missing - that was being sent to me...
No idea how he sent it....

he/you should have upgraded to the express overnight satchel - they are IMHO as good as registered and are tracked by Aus Post.

SO far, GMKenterprises uses express post satchels and NEVER had one go missing.
Otherwise i send registered mail with the free 100.00 insurance - still none missing so far.

I know that this info is a bit late now - but i hope your parcel turns up.

Yes, christmas before last I posted a beautiful mounted photograph of Hamlin Bay (South WA) to my brother in Melb. in the special reinforced post pack recommended by Aust. Post. marked "Photos - Do Not Bend".
Well, it was delivered folded in half.
Almost had to be deliberate since it was a toughened pack & was clearly marked.
Makes you spew allright.

You're right GMK. I just assumed that TWOC would send a valuable item such as a mill by either registered post or express. I did not even contemplate that it would be posted by normal surface mail. What should I do ? I am p%$#ed that I have already paid over $200 for something I do not have, I think that TWOC should have bneen more careful and it is their responsability to ensure safe delivery as I had already paid for the item, however Roy is a top bloke and always seems to be helpful......

p.s sorry for the rant..I am not happy atm...

Cheers

I dont think you can do much from your side,the sender can try and track if he has reciept of where/when it was posted.For something of that value it should have been registered - I know shouda woulda coulda doesnt help now.
I hope it turns up

I feel for ya Green Iguana,
I too have lost stuff in the mail, and if it makes you feel any better it was $2k worth of goods.........please dont ask me the details as it still hurts.
Fingers crossed for ya mate. :(
If your in Sydney? your more than welcome to use my mill, infact i have a spare hand opperated corona mill your welcome to take.
cheers

I have had stuff lost in the mail before, since then I have always used registered mail and have never had a thing go missing..

Still if I need anything expensive I use a courier such as startrack - they have never let me down, great delivery times too..

I've had a fresh wort pack, and other bits & pieces go missing between ESbeer in NSW and Hobart. :beerbang:

I have had confirmation that Aus Post are going to investigate the missing parcel, but it doesn't help my yeast that is supposed to be used by the end of this month!

2k worth of goods would make you understandably...well peeved off!

Regards,
Phil

Sorry to hear about the mill problem mate, I really am.
I tried and tried to get in touch with TWOC to buy a mill when I heard they had stock but they struck me as unprofessional and this made me reconsider and order direct from Fred in the US, I had my mill in under 2 weeks from him andit actually cost less than it would of from TWOC.
I know this won't make you feel any better but it might save someone else from getting stung.

I have been using the Express Post Packs. Sydney to Adelaide overnight. Sydney to Yass in 18hrs just regular Post was impressive
Gerard

Brizbrew said:
I tried and tried to get in touch with TWOC to buy a mill when I heard they had stock but they struck me as unprofessional and this made me reconsider and order direct from Fred in the US, I had my mill in under 2 weeks from him andit actually cost less than it would of from TWOC.
I know this won't make you feel any better but it might save someone else from getting stung.
[post="73641"][/post]​

I have never dealt with TWOC but I feel it is abit unfair to give them bad press for the downfall that was Australia posts, not theirs. It would be all the same if your goods hadn't turned up from the states.
Just my 2c

Borret

Hmmm...somewhere out there is an evil homebrewer.
By day a meek Aus Post employee.
By night he/she sits in front of an awesome AG rig put together for free....

just as a thought check your local post office as sometimes packs break open and become seperated from the address and as they cant add up they sit around the back of the office unclaimed.worth a shot i thinks.

cheers
big d

Kook sent me a few beers........

3 YEARS ago...got them the other month,
bought a Harp lager bar runner from an ebayer......2.5 years ago...

Turned up with Kooks beers, a sorrowful letter from Aus post and the promise of one sacked employee.

Still waiting on a Bud tin plate sign from the states too

If other HB shops know about the better postal options(express post packs) then TWOC deserve the sword on this one for using the stock red pack

Borret said:
Brizbrew said:
[post="73641"][/post]​

I have never dealt with TWOC but I feel it is abit unfair to give them bad press for the downfall that was Australia posts, not theirs. It would be all the same if your goods hadn't turned up from the states.
Just my 2c

Borret
[post="73649"][/post]​
I have never dealt with them either, but when I did ring and email they seemed offish and uninterested, they were supposed to email me with prices but did not, they said they would ring me but again no phone call.
I agree with the original post that this mill should of been sent by recorded post, the price they charge for their mills (compared with price and shipping from US) would of easily absorbed this extra few dollars it would have added to the shipping charge and would have remedied this situation very easily.
I run a small part time business from home which involves sending things all over the world so I am pretty well versed in mailing and insurance costs, it would have been in TWOC's favour to do their utmost to make sure the mill got to the end user because of the resulting bad PR they would get on lists like this if it did not, although I am sure this incident will do them no lasting damage among the HB community.
Let's hope the mill turns up soon.

Perhaps TWOC coud have negotiated with their customer as to what delivery service was beng employed, but it is still Australia post who are not providing the service that they are offering. TWOC didn't lose it, Aus Post did no matter what colour pack it was in.

well guys fwiw i live remote so any small homebrew stuff and dealings with hbs i always ask for express post even though im outside of next day service as they always will invariably post it in the red pack.for me up here this can take in excess of 2 weeks average(red pack) from adelaide to the nt.go figure why it takes so long. :blink:
sorry to hear of the problems.hope it all ends well

cheers
big d

I just hope Aus post is not like NSW State rail (a few years back), where anything that looked valuable would get sampled (perhaps illegally). As far as I could tell, those guys would just take anything they wanted, and couldn't be prosecuted.

Hmmm, maybe that's more than 2 cents worth (inc GST)

as long as it doesnt end up in a boogie board bag destined for bali we still have a chance of finding the mill safe and sound.

apologies to any brewing baggage handlers who may be offended by the above post. :p

big d B)

Latest posts

Back