Australia Day/birthday Bbq And Brew Day Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Hi all!

Due to the Australian Government granting me a special public holiday the day after my brithday, I would like to invite all interested brewers/drinkers to an Australia Day/Birthday BBQ and Brew Day on Thursday Jan 26th 2012, in Murarrie, Brisbane....

I will be brewing a double batch of.... Ummm.... Something ;). Anyone who would like to is more than welcome to bring a brew rig and join in the festivities/shambles.... Unfortunately my rig takes pretty much all my available electrical capacity, so all rigs would have to be gas fired. I may however be able to spare a power point for a while if you have an electric HLT....

Plans are for a dough in at around 9:30-10:00, BBQ lunch (I will provide snags, bread, salads etc - BYO other meat but keep in mind I only have a small BBQ so there may be a queue!).

Have some glasses, but bring one if you remember! Plenty of seats for around 12 people, any more and I'll arrange someone to bring some chairs.

SWMBOs and kiddies more than welcome, as long as they are OK with dogs (have 2x Labs - one is still a puppy and a little boisterous so the really young ones may get knocked down...!) I also have a small inflatable pool - bring your swimmers/bathers/togs if you feel the need...

Not planning on a late finish as both SWMBO and I are at work on Friday (well, I'm at TAFE - but exams are like work, right?) and unless anyone is desperate, I don't really have the space for anyone to stay.... PM me if there's any issues...

I'm approx 800m walk from Murarrie train station. If you're arriving early on the train I can pick you up at the station.

There will be up to 5 beers on tap, drink as much as you like! If anyone would like to bring a keg, I would suggest a self-contained unit if possible, but I can probably accommodate one or even 2 kegs in the kegerator, with a space and a tap at the bar - first two PMs get the goods.... My portable setup will also be available if needed... Bring 2 bags of ice and it's yours to use!

Oh, and because it's Jan 26th, the Hottest 100 will be counting down on the stereo...:)

So, please reply to the thread if you're interested in coming, and I'll PM you with the address details in the next week or so...

Looking forward to catching up with some of the regulars, and I hope some of the newer members can make it along too!

Cheers and Beers!

Well pencil me in.

:beerbang:

Having a breakfast thing just down the road from yours at colmslie beach which you're welcome to join in on if you're not busy setting up (not sure on time at this stage but I'll be there early to get a spot. Depending on how long we kick on (a few ppl going on to lunches) I may be able to swing by later in the day with some left over food and a keg + camp fridge (will fit 2 more kegs). Will let you know on the day if that's ok.

On the chair front I don't think we'll be using our 10 outdoor chairs on the day so I could drop them over the evening before if you get lots of takers.

cheers,

Ed

Put me down as well. And so I can help you while you brew I will bring my fresh merkin beard.

Cheers

I will hopefully have a long weekend then (5 day-er FTW), will see how I am traveling health wise though, its a daily gamble at the moment <_< . Will see if I can track down Chap Chap so he can jump out of a cake in a mankini for you and sing Happy Birthday in his best Marilyn Monroe voice...

Cheers

Sully

I will hopefully have a long weekend then (5 day-er FTW), will see how I am traveling health wise though, its a daily gamble at the moment <_< . Will see if I can track down Chap Chap so he can jump out of a cake in a mankini for you and sing Happy Birthday in his best Marilyn Monroe voice...

Cheers

Sully

More like marilyn manson

:icon_vomit: to both the above posts!

We have been invited to something else but I thought I'll give it a try and run it pass the war office. She had a look on her face like a smacked arse, so I guess I'm out. <_<

Batz

Well if she wakes up Australia day and the car and Batz are gone..... Whatyagonnado???

Having a breakfast thing just down the road from yours at colmslie beach which you're welcome to join in on if you're not busy setting up (not sure on time at this stage but I'll be there early to get a spot. Depending on how long we kick on (a few ppl going on to lunches) I may be able to swing by later in the day with some left over food and a keg + camp fridge (will fit 2 more kegs). Will let you know on the day if that's ok.

On the chair front I don't think we'll be using our 10 outdoor chairs on the day so I could drop them over the evening before if you get lots of takers.

cheers,

Ed

Hey Ed,

Most likely will be too bust to make the breakfast, but would be great if you could pop around after your event. Just let me know!

I'll let you know closer to the day re: chairs, but if needed that would be awesome....

Hope you can make it along!

Cheers

Nick

Would love to come mate, but already booked in aus day.
Have a good one.
:icon_cheers:

Bummer :(. There's always next time!

Cheers

Im locked in too nick, catch up sooner then later mate.

Hottest 100 :super: :super: :super: Thats 3 jjjs

sava

So you're jumping on the 7.35 or whatever at Beerwah or are you driving & drinking lemon squash all day Sav?

TP

No pete have other plans catch up next time

sav

So are you coming Sav...? Still can't work your posts out! I must be getting old like Pete or something....

Cheers

Not. but will be listening hottest 100

Ahhh, ok. Shame you can't make it....

Cheers

Back