Aussie Wheat Ale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still didn't get the answer (to the biiiig question) from your post. Did U enjoy it?

Sounds like a nice beer for the annual Xmas case. Maybe I'll do one for NSW? Hmmmmm!

Well done, and keep 'em coming.

Seth out :p

Yes i did enjoy it Seth.Its a great refreshing end of a workday beer.

I'll brew your same malt bill and hopping schedule but fermented with one of 1056/US56/001 or a Koelsch strain in about 2 months and report back. Would you be interested in swapping bottles, one of this batch for a future bottle of my batch, Brauluver?
POMO,thats cool to hear tack your results on this thread and PM me a heads up when u do.
Unfortunately I bottled all of these into 750 ml glass l/necks,so it would be a bit risky to send it via mail,not to mention the extra weight/dollars thing.Next one I do(whenever that may be) I will bottle one into a 600ml pet 4 ya.

cheers Dave

:huh: Is a 600 ml pet as big as a rabbit or as small as a gerbil (Richard Gere???)?

I've said before, that you can't trust a man who doesn't brew for his own taste; even if it's just to broaden his horizon (hmm, who said Berliner weisse and Gose?)

Beerz
Seth out :p

WOW! Tasted this beer again on the weekend as a 12 week note keeping exercise.

Poured with a cloudy wheat/protein haze and same colour as a coopers PA.
Many of the strong bananery esters have dissipated to a nice malty fruity coopers type nose.
Hop nose is softer and less spicy than a PA but still very nice in a balanced way.

Taste wise this beer has a malt profile that is 95% coopers PA(its gotta be the yeast) with just a little more sweetness in the end.
I reckon if i bittered with POR and added 1/2 a gram per litre @ 10 mins of same( with same grain bill) I'd have a dead ringer for PA.Thats the white tail MK 2 planned then!

The second pour from the longneck included some sediment,and that tipped it over the edge into typical coopers flava territory.Its amazing how much of an influence a yeast strain can have on a beer.

Best part is I've still got 11 tallies of it stored away :)

Brauluver,

Remiiinds me of when I mixed up the Coopers yeast with the Weizen yeast. The wheat beer came out like a Coopers-y American wheat, and the pale ale came out like a weird pale ale fermented with a weizen yeast - too bitter to be a weizen and too hoppy as well.

The Coopers yeast is dominant and takes the beer into pale ale territory as the beer ages. After about 8 years (yep, it was that hard to drink), it tasted a little like a Coopers Vintage. Can U hang onto yours 4 that long?

Beerz
Seth (yeast farmer tonite) out :p

Just an update for anyone who is interested or followed this thread! (3 of us at least)

This beer was entered in the SABSOSA comp as an aussie pale ale and pulled a 3rd with a mediocre 38.3.
Not a high enough score to warrant a national entry(for me) ,but still enough to keep me following this tack(grist) and yeast combo for another shot next year.

Back