Aussie Pale 6.8%

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BURGO817

Reaction score
I’ve dubbed this beer ‘the mule’

Attachments

• F5E0A697-27B0-46F8-B354-B35429553C9C.jpeg
    F5E0A697-27B0-46F8-B354-B35429553C9C.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 121
Can we see your recipe?

It’s a coopers kit but I substituted the 1.5kg dextrose for a can of Morgan’s Extra pale extract. It was kept at 24* throughout the 14 day ferment - left sit in fermenter for a further 10 days. Bottled. Didn’t chill for another 8-10 days. That’s it..

It’s a coopers kit but I substituted the 1.5kg dextrose for a can of Morgan’s Extra pale extract. It was kept at 24* throughout the 14 day ferment - left sit in fermenter for a further 10 days. Bottled. Didn’t chill for another 8-10 days. That’s it..

definitely deserves it's own thread.

Something doesn't add up, I just put your recipe into beersmith and it has a predicted OG of 1.044 for a 23 litre batch

Something doesn't add up, I just put your recipe into beersmith and it has a predicted OG of 1.044 for a 23 litre batch

I’m not sure.

It was 25lt, the pale can, the coopers #2 enhancer & the Morgan’s can.

The recorded numbers above are consistent as I did 3 x the same brew. The numbers were slightly different for every one.. I’m not sure why.

Everything was exactly the same in process.

I’m not sure.

It was 25lt, the pale can, the coopers #2 enhancer & the Morgan’s can.

The recorded numbers above are consistent as I did 3 x the same brew. The numbers were slightly different for every one.. I’m not sure why.

Everything was exactly the same in process.

oh since you said you used the morgans can instead of the dextrose we assumed no #2 enhancer. that makes sense then. Happy getting shit faced on your own brew!!

Sorry boys, I was starting to second guess myself too.. after the Q & A. haha. Good thing is it doesn’t taste like a high 6%

Wish I could get you to sample it..

No worries, I also assume you substituted rather than added. :bigcheers:

Latest posts

Back