Aussie Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I am drinking a Aussie Ale I brewed on the 10/03/04 tonight

It was based on a recipe that copies Aussie beers in the late 50-early 60's

I did not know what to think but I decided to give it a go , uses only POR hops
:huh: :huh: Oh shit they say !

Tell you what this is a nice beer , easy to drink and perhaps not to the hop heads liking But I like it and I am a hop head

AG #14 Aussie Lager

4 Kg Pale malt
500 gm Munich
180 gm Light Crystal
500 gm Wheat Malt

5 gm POR @45 min
30 gm POR @ 30 min
5 gm POR @ 15 min... plus 1 wilfloc tab
5 gm POR in the sparge

I used 2x Coopers dried Yeasts

Brewed at room temperture here 25c

Racked into secondary
Then CC for 3 weeks

Perhaps the wheat could be reduced to 250gm , I like a nice head on my beers , this has that , but I can taste the wheat
I like the taste how it is though

This beer was kegged , I have bottled 4 K Browns for a comp. in Aug.

A 60 min boil of course

just entered your recipie into promash and it looks about 30ibu. so probably not as light on hops as people think. enjoy

joe

My tastes have changed , that's for sure

Batz- where did you get the Cooper's dried yeast from? My HBS (grain and grape in Melbourne) doesn't carry it....

I have several left over from partials I have done and used liquid yeasts

:D G'Day All

Just thought you may be interested in my latest Brew ....Its a Dump and stir recipe but the results are outstanding...

1 1.7kg Can "Morgans" Stockman,s Draught
1/2 can of "Coopers" Bavarian Lager
750 gm dextrose

As per instructions on Morgans cans.....dont boil water but make sure its 80C at least....add 2 lts of this 80C water to fermantor and add all ingredients and stir until satisfied all is mixed then add water up to your full mark.....sometimes you have to add a little hot water to get the right temp...22C stir in the Yeast that came with the Morgans Tin (keep the Coopers yeast for something else)..Ferment at 22C for 4 days then rack into second fermentor and leave for approx 5 days....keg or bottle after 5 days in the 2nd fermentor
The Bavarian hops seem to compliment the Morgan Draught resulting in a very refreshing drink....

OG approx 1050
FG approx 1010

I have brewed this 5 times since Xmas... :chug:

Cheers
JWB

Back