Aus wide Bulk buy Grain mill- Malt Muncher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked mine up from KK today. Looks pretty good! It is smaller than I expected for some reason, but after some googling I realise they are all about the same size. Looking forward to firing it up!!

Thanks again Troy

Mine was waiting for me on the kitchen bench when i got home today
the hopper took a little bending at the base to fit properly, but she's sweet now
just wondering what gap all you BIABers are setting it at?

sp0rk said:
Mine was waiting for me on the kitchen bench when i got home today
the hopper took a little bending at the base to fit properly, but she's sweet now
just wondering what gap all you BIABers are setting it at?
Biab you can really got as fine as you want but in general 0.8 - 1.0mm

yep mine is set to the thickness of my credit card for BIAB

What about for a 3v with stainless mesh false bottom? What gap size do you fellow 3v brewers use?

Havnt brewed with it just a test
But its set @ .055 crush looked good to me

Truman said:
Curious to se when Xa-Jg66 gets his all the way up in Karratha.
Me too, from previous experience it could be here in 2 days or it could take 3 weeks, the inconsistancy is very frustrating! I will let you know truman.

does anyone know off the top of their head what size bolts i'll need to screw the mill down to a base?

sp0rk said:
does anyone know off the top of their head what size bolts i'll need to screw the mill down to a base?
I used 5mm pan had screws. We have them here at work.

So the posites only got about 1000 kms more to ride until he gets up to Karratha then. Lol
Then the roads will probably be shut with this cyclone and he won't get through.

I take back what I said about Aus post. Was surprised to find my mill had arrived today after only 6 days in the post. Looks the goods!
Cheers Truman!!!!!

Truman said:
So the posites only got about 1000 kms more to ride until he gets up to Karratha then. Lol
Then the roads will probably be shut with this cyclone and he won't get through.
About 1600kms and yeah the freight has been postponed for last few days, restarted yesterday so shouldnt be long now, cant wait!

xa_jg66 said:
About 1600kms and yeah the freight has been postponed for last few days, restarted yesterday so shouldnt be long now, cant wait!
I should have known that. In a past life Ive driven the long boring road from Perth to Broome in a road train on many occasions...

Truman said:
I used 5mm pan had screws. We have them here at work.
are you sure they're 5mm?
the 5mm hex head bolts i got from bunnings were too small
might take the mill into bunnings tomorrow and have another go

Just stole the mrs's car and ran over to bunnings
6mm works, but is a tiny bit wobbly
I have a feeling they're an imperial thread size

Back