Auber PID

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
I've been flicking thru a kabillion threads, I'm all kind of confused about PID's.

I'm leaning away from the chinese units and leaning toward the Auber ones.

It will be used for the mash, so is the SYL-2352P the model I'm after given it has ramp/soak function?

Cheers

I have Auber PID's on my brew set up.
Killer units and you can actually read the instructions, some Chinese ones are a bit hard to read. I found it difficult enough programming a ramp/soak PID from Auber.

I don't have a ramp/soak on my brewery. I do all single infusions and maybe a mash out. The Auber PID is easy to change temp on the go so I don't need a ramp feature.

The Auber sensors are also worth getting while you are paying shipping from the USA. Get the braided cable and panel mount they are great.

Once you have it built do a autotune on the usual mash vol. And you will find your mash temp is rock solid.

Cheers for that, so the above model is the one to get?

Also, do you have dets for the sensors?

What sort of setup are you aiming for? If it's for a single vessel setup you should be aware that the 2352P doesn't have a manual mode to control the output to the element. This means you'll need another means to control the boil.
If it's just to control mash temp than the 2352P is the duck's guts. I run one on my setup and love the control it offers.

Thinking about is now and weighing up costs, could I be better off with a Grain Father controller?

Everything you need in a box plus more for $200

I went the Auberins come in around $150 odd
Only done 2 brews with it but happy so far
Grain father controller looks a good options is that with the sensor

I went the Auberins come in around $150 odd
Only done 2 brews with it but happy so far
Grain father controller looks a good options is that with the sensor

As far as I know.

I bought the SYL-2352P and initially ended up with a lot of scorching on my rims. I replaced the kegking element with an ultra low density element from still dragon and still had some scorching. I finally set the output percentage to 75% with the auber and things are now going great but maybe a bit slower. On a 60L brew it raises the temperature by a degree every 2 minutes which to me is no great worries. I love how you just set the program on the auber and just walk away and just come back for the sparge.

Another option may be the EZboil for Step Mashing and Boiling Process Automation.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53&products_id=670

This model is based on EZboil® DSPR300 with following features:

1) Programmable temperature profile for step mashing mode (such as RIMS/HERMS). User can program the different mashing temperature and time duration for every step. Up to six steps can be programmed.

2) A multi-events timer, similar to our JSL-73B timer, is added for the boiling processing mode. This timer can activate the built-in buzzer to remind the operator adding ingredients at specific time. Up to 9 timer events can be programmed.

3) The built-in relays can be set to be synchronized with the mashing and boiling steps/events to turn on or off at selected step(s). Or you can set it as standard absolute high/low temperature alarm.

I only do single batches using ULWD element 2400W , 250V on my 1V build
I set the SYL- 2352P to 102c for the boil with OUTH set to 100%
Gunner isolate the PID & switch element on full bore for boil as it is just adequate
Takes a bit of getting youre head around programming it but pretty happy now
Now its time for me to fix up my mash tun malt pipe problems

Back