Auber Instrument buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rude

Reaction score
Have been reading but lots of threads muddled up together in my head
so does this list from Auber Instuments look correct

I want to build a 1V system 2400 W 50L keggle with Big W ss pot like QKev's

I'm going to use Auberins gear

PID Model SYL=2352x2P Ramp soak $78.95

Sensor PT100-L50 1/2 NPT with cable & connectors female panel option XLRcon ( was wondering what best length is for sensor ) $27.95 + & $17.00

SSR MGR-1D4825 $9.95

Heat Sink HS25ET $12.50

Total $146.35

Will get a control box elsewhere

Advice appreciated & threads I've read on builds PID controls thanks heaps to all those who have contributed as hopefully
help me move on from the esky keggle setup,so I can set up & brew more & easier :)

Well
the PID is correct type - it has 12V output to switch the SSR
SSR suits PID, is 25A - good choice as over-rated, you could add a second element later if u want, and it does have to be mounted on a heatsink
PT100 is the way to go, basically buy one with the longest cable you can get (by default they are a bit short); I extended mine by buying good quality shielded cable and soldered the joint & covered with heatshrink.

So, it looks like you've done your homework well and on the right track. I bought almost same gear and never looked back; brewing a beer with several mash steps has never been easier and without worrying about temperatures I can focus on other stuff during brewday. I recommend buying a fibreglass panel, its easier to work with (cut holes etc), I dont like a metal panel around wort but thats just me. All my external devices plug into their respective outlets at bottom of my panel, they can all be disconnected - i.e my 10A element has a 16A lead & plug which plugs into 16A socket). Even my sensor can be unplugged.

I see no probs with what you chosen. Good luck

Cheers for advice Ditch hopefully I wont have to do as you're name sake says which I have but hopefully lessons learnt

The cable option was 8' or 12' luckily I grew up with this measuring system

Thanks for the fibreglass tip it sounds like great advice cheers

I'll probably source a 2500W element because 16A CB 2.5mm wire not surrounded in insulation only partial surrounded

Back