AU IN STOCK ! INKBIRD Digital cooking thermometer IBT-6X

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkbird

AHB Sponsor
AHB Sponsor
Pro - Supporting Member
Reaction score
AU IN STOCK ! INKBIRD Digital Bluetooth cooking thermometer IBT-6X (UP TO SIX PROBES)
EBAY LINK :http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/322519501669?

Main features​
  • Durable stainless steel probe
  • Ergonomic, lightweight and compact Bluetooth wireless thermometer for convenient use.
  • LED display screen and temperature graph.
  • Free app to perfectly match your smartphones or iPhones.
  • Wireless digital thermometer for cooking, grilling, BBQ, oven, meat, boiling and more!
  • Electronic thermometer backed by a 12-month warranty policy!

Specification​

• ​ Temperature Range: 0~250°C /32~482°F
  • Wireless Range: 50meters /150ft
  • Alarm:Over Temperature Alarm, Range alarm, Time count-down alarm
  • Display: LED screen&APP
  • Probe Number: Up to 6 probes
  • Power: 2x AAA Batteries(Not Included)
  • Dimension Body: 64x85x25mm (2.5x3.4x1.0 inch)
  • Sensor Length: about 120cm / 3.9ft
  • Net Weight: 250g
  • Gross Weight: 350g
  • Warranty: 12 month

Package Included:
  • 1 x BBQ Bluetooth Thermometer IBT-6X
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 4 or 6 x Cooking Sensor (2 OR 3 clips)

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

IBT-2X_APP_4_zpsqmtyw5n9.jpg

IBT-2X_APP_3_zpsz9o9x0fz.jpg

I know its not a giveaway but if stand next to it looking sad enough maybe someone will feel sorry for me and buy me one.

Think I'll sit this one out. :ph34r:

Has anyone purchased either this or the 2 probe one and able to give feedback?

earle said:
Has anyone purchased either this or the 2 probe one and able to give feedback?
Yeah I ordered a 2 probe one a couple of weeks ago. Done 3 cooks with it and it seems to work as expected. I bought it instead of buying new probes for my maverick as I was never really happy with it. Happy with it the Inkbird so far, but only early stages.

I couldn't resist - the price for the 2 probe one was just too good. I had one of those cheap wireless jobbies you see on ebay and mail order sites, but the probe died on me. Getting an Inkbird which has a good reputation and I can buy new probes was just too tempting.

How does the wireless range on these units compare to the Maverick?

I find that with the Maverick in the smoker/BBQ area 15m away from the house, I get good reception in our sun room (only windows in the way), intermittent reception in kitchen (one asbestos and one brick wall in the way) and no coverage in most of the house (typically 2+ brick walls in the way). Not an ideal situation.

I don't expect Bluetooth to do any better. I found that the Bluetooth connection between my phone and Grainfather Connect works through one brick wall, but not through the same wall plus extra 6m of distance.

How do these perform in a smaller bbq? I have another type of wireless thermometer that I use in my Zeigler brown twin and with the entire probe in a roast it gives a high reading quickly. When used in the oven it works fine?

bradsbrew said:
How do these perform in a smaller bbq? I have another type of wireless thermometer that I use in my Zeigler brown twin and with the entire probe in a roast it gives a high reading quickly. When used in the oven it works fine?
Hi friend,
Here the video from my customer,He used it in the oven for chicken and pork.
That is ok.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold! I'm hoping I might be able to use my spare temperature probe from my brauduino for some accurate hassle free sparge water..

Yep, wifi would fix the coverage for me. I get excellent wifi coverage everywhere, thanks to the Netgear Orbi network with a router and two satellites. Bluetooth or custom point to point radio can never compete with a load balancing mesh network with automatic handover.

Bluetooth means if I want to track temps constantly over weeks I need to have something permanently paired to it, I'm not going to track down a smart phone just for this purpose... even if I did that, still it's on a bloody smart phone and I have to go out to the shed to check it (no way bluetooth will go that far)

I run a server with a bunch of services so ideally I'd just have it log to that over wifi with a web dashboard on the server.

Think I've got 6 dashboards on it already, what's one more...

Yep, same scenario here. I've got a perfectly capable Linux server that could probably do a lot more than an app. It could certainly be customised for specific tasks. What's even better is that the server is very stable and reliable. Uptime is usually measured in years. Last time I rebooted to update the kernel the uptime was in excess of 700 days.

Latest posts

Back