Attn: 60l Ferm. Owners, Look @ This Price!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Hey guys
Remember i posted on here last week about a 60L fermenter?

Well..... I rang up someone today in Adelaide and was quoted $72.50 for a RAW fermenter, No Tap, No Airlock, No Thermometer, NOTHING, a barrel with a lid and a bung, Oh sorry, i lie, The lid had a hole for a grommet, But u dont get the grommet with it lol

But anyhow, I ended up finding one for $37!!! On Ebay, a guy who sells fermenters, 25L fermenter $16, 30L fermenter $18!!! All BUY IT NOW, No Auctions

ive got a few spare taps laying around, I got one with my Cold condition barrel, And i have a spare thermometer, And enough grommets to replace my tap washers in my whole house lol! (gotta love Wollies $1 specials!)

Anything i should know about 60L fermenters? I know they are obviously bigger haha, But there's nothing different apart from size and volume???

Postage is costing me $7.50 on one 60L barrel, and $8.95 on two!!! But im only getting one, Coz i have 3 30L fermenters and thats enough.... for now.....

He's from THe north coast somewhere, Near Sydney IIRC

What do u reckon? Good price? :)

Ben :chug:

hehehe oops, Did i say i was going to post it lol

But u didnt answer my question, Do u reckon its a decent price??? Im over the moon!!! For that price i can only get a 30L one here in Adelaide....... I also found a shop today selling 18-19L Corny kegs (the old coke ones) for $75..... thats his everyday price! Im a bargain hunter i tells ya!

Ok Here u go

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=2395819937

lol.. it appears you got the only one. Just had a look at his auctions and he only has a 25 litre one, a 30 litre one left and 3 jerry cans left.

Oh well. Still bloody cheap for the 25 and 30 litre fermenters. Might pick myself up one of those. Sounds almost wholesale prices. 3 fermenters isn't too many is it?
:)

It isa for now, I have 2 that i brew with(both 30L), 1 i CC with (25L) i bought it before realising That u can get cubes lol But ill end up using that for fermenting eventually.....

I am aiming for about 6 30L fermenters, and just the one 60L one for now, I dont think i need too many, It was just too good a deal to pass it up

$16 and $18 is heaps good!

He has more, The guy must get them in bulk, Coz he said if i want more i can get them for the same price, But postage is hell cheaper, Just message him in Ebay

Ben

3 fermenters isn't too many is it?
I would consider it a minimum :) I have a 50L and 5 x 30L fermenters plus a 23L glass fermenter

Hoops

There used to be a bee farmer up north here.
He used to have pollen sent up from WA somewhere to feed his bees.
The pollen came in 60L containers, exactly like the fermenters.
When he emptied them, he used to send them to the local second hand shop who used to sell them for $15 each!!!!
Unfortunately the guy sold shop, but I have been trying to search the internet for the supplier. Apparently the guy had 20 or 30 in his shed collecting dust!!!!!
Any bee farmers on this site?

Only thing you have to watch out for with the 60L fermentors is having to lug the things around when full.

Thats EXACTLY what im thinking about

Beauty, Its on its way as of today :) Should be here Monday

Ben

PS: Did u have any luck getting in touch with him about more??

I work at a cheesemakers and they use 200L white plastic containers for transporting some of the milk. I reckon I'd like to get my hands on a couple of them.

Simple solution to that would be to not brew beer that tasted like shit :)

I thought it would be a good idea to improve my brewing technique, so i purchased another fermenter from him (30litre for $24.50 all up), hopefully it should be in early next week and i can start bulk priming and hopefully produce better beer!

-Robbo

Talking about fermenters. I wouln't mind one of these. Stainless Steel Variable Capacity Fermenters. They are sold on the gold coast. The dream fermenter.

This Stainless steel fermenter brings you into the professional league. Originally only available for large commercial applications, these vats are now available in sizes from 100 litres, 200 litres, 300 litres and up.

The advantages of such a tank are their variable capacity. The sealing procedure of the lid to the wall of the tank is ingenious.

Attached to the rim of the lid is a food grade inflatable rubber tube. When deflated the lid can move freely up and down in the tank but when inflated the rubber tube seals closely to the wall of the tank creating an airtight seal. The rubber tube is inflated by means of a pressurised pump.

VARCap.jpeg

http://www.ibrew.com.au/html/equipment/fer...fermenters.html

There's a company somewhere (spain, maybe?) that sells an entire microbrewery setup that fits in a shipping container. Your choice of copper or stainless steel.
I would like one of those.

If I was going to be going stainless (in dreams) I'd want a conical fermentor.

looks like the bloke has more fermenters listed again, 60l and 30l... i might pick up a 30 or 2.

will do, i just want to wait till i can close out some other ebay bids im on at the moment, so i know how much cash ive got to play with.

Back