Att: Hop Heads! Hop Infused Beer Jug

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzafish

Reaction score
Instead of brewing last weekend, I went with my wife to the tea shop to buy a birthday present for her friend (who likes her tea). While there I spend most of my time going up and down the escalator with my 15 month old daughter, who thinks they are better than any ride or roller coaster for the time being! Meeting my Mrs back in the tea shop I noticed an "ice tea maker." Which is simply a jug with a compartment to put tea... making ice tea. But as a home brewer, I have a different idea... meet my hop infused beer jug!

Before the pale ale... B Saaz flowers in the "tea compartment"
hopjug1internetrf3.jpg

With the pale ale, hop flowers expanding.
hopjugclose1kw8.jpg

The aroma is significantly lifted and after sitting for a while, a new hoppy flavour hammers through! The flowers do float and then expand in the beer, so after 5 mins you have to push them to the bottom of their compartment. They stay infused at this point.

I'm drinking a few APA's tonight :beer:

I wonder what hop tea is like? Hmmmm I wonder?

Awesome.
Where is the "tea shop" ?

Beers,
Doc

Wicked! Have to try that... like a Randall the Tea Infused Animal?

hahaha thats a bloddy ripper. tip your hat Jazz.

sounds like a

Bulk buy, Bulk buy, Bulk buy

Franko

Here's were you can get em guys $24 from here

edit link

You could always jam more hops in there... that will stop them floating :p

For all the guy who use tea balls, you could do the same thing with it.

hey, thats a great idea. love it!!
joe

AWESOME!

i want a hop filter like The Wig and Pen Hopinator. Specifically when i get my taps and fridge setup for the keg.

might get a clear filer, take out the innards and inner door mount it for BLING factor when i have some hop head beers on tap!

definitely sounds like a plan.

cool i live 10 mins down the road, have to call in and pick one up, at that price it's worth experimenting with.
Have you done a side buy side with the beer straight out of the tap, I can't imagine it would infuse that much flavour/aroma being cold and not being forced through the hops, but would still be fun.

I wonder what hop tea is like? Hmmmm I wonder?

not very nice...a little too bitter.. at least it is when you have 5g of cascade pellets in a 150ml coffee cup, steeped for 10min...

Latest posts

Back