Atomic Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
I have searched but have not found a clone recipe. The Web site is in conflict with the label on the bottle,

So anyone got close to this easy drinker.

Cheers

Never aimed at any particular brands via recipe, but am getting some good kit+extract+hops "American" pale ales lately.
This is from the ratebeer.com entry for Atomic Pale Ale:
"Some research suggests the hops are Citra, Ahtanum and Centennial hops - to me they tasted much like the hops in James squires 150 lashes, which I believe are Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo hops"

So ... Get a generic low-IBU kit, like Coopers lager.
US-05 yeast (or the kit yeast if it's worth saving $4.90 over the price of 2 and a half cartons of beer).
Chuck in a kilo of dry malt and 300g dex + 200g maltodextrin, or alternatively, half a box of Brew Enhancer 1 (which is just 60/40% dextrose/maltodextrin).

Use the kit and extract recipe creator spreadsheet-o-matic to calculate your hop additions. Go for an IBU of 30-35ish. Then brew and drink and tweak and brew and drink and tweak and brew and drink and ....

Coopers Canadian Pale Ale might be a good kit to start with for this sort of brew.
I'm made some nice US Pale Ales this way with my hop of choice - cascade.

Then as wyane says, chuck in a kg of dme, some brew enhancer and hop the
sh*t out of it with Centennial, Citra and Amarillo. US pales usually have a big aroma like 150 lashes does.

I dont think any JS beers are that impressive let alone gage roads. Only half decent gage road was the convict.

Back