Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a few stories about how Clarke has driven a wedge into the Australian team. There was the famous incident where he wanted to leave post match celebrations early (before the team victory song) to go on a date and Katich grabbed him by the throat and put him against a wall. Katich never played for Australia again.
More recently, after Hussey's last game for Australia, Clarke and half the team decided to go on a cruise on James Packer's boat while the other half (including Peter Siddle) celebrated with Michael Hussey. There was also the "homework gate" debacle which was strongly backed by Clarke and his recent branding of Watson as a "cancer".
Can he bat? He is the best batsman in Australia and should be at 3. But I also reckon he'd be a bit of a ballbag - a bit of a "you're either with me or against me" kind of guy. He learned his captaincy style from Ricky Ponting. Ever wonder why Brad Hodge never really played for Australia?

Starc has to be a bit unlucky. Bowling attack did the job in the first test our top order let us down. Still dubious on Harris will he actually make it through unscathed. And Khawaja? Has he ever made runs?

Khawaja needs to make about 4 runs to be better than Cowan atm.....

Mark my words - Pup will make a ton this test.... mark my words.

Bridges said:
Starc has to be a bit unlucky. Bowling attack did the job in the first test our top order let us down. Still dubious on Harris will he actually make it through unscathed. And Khawaja? Has he ever made runs?
I think both changes are smart......my only worry is, like yours, whether Harris' body will hold up.

Cocko said:

I hope your right but I still reckon he's a tool.

Cocko said:

I hope he does, I also hope Harris takes 5 wickets in each innings and pulls up awesome, I also hope that there's no dodgy umpiring decisions to give the Pom's excuses after we smash em.
Just don't feel real confident about any of these things
We do have a great record at Lords though!

Bridges said:
I hope he does, I also hope Harris takes 5 wickets in each innings and pulls up awesome, I also hope that there's no dodgy umpiring decisions to give the Pom's excuses after we smash em.
Just don't feel real confident about any of these things
We do have a great record at Lords though!
Aussie record and Pups batting record there too!

Get your confident on Bridges and save some beer for the next five nights because its gonna be awesome!

Come on boys, do it for Shrek!

Bad toss to lose. :(
Need to see some good bowling in the 1st session.

Come on Aussies!!!

I got on at $3.90 with a refund if the test is drawn. It's cool if you don't bet to often they send you awesome specials to try to suck you in.

Well this is getting painful to watch. I wonder if Benji Marshall has considered cricket.....
Oh. That's right. He's a kiwi.

Cocko said:
yep, lock this thread....

Lets talk about curling, surely we are good at that? maybe..
I've got a kettle sliding across the tiles with the missus sweeping with the kitchen broom. We're definitely no good at it. The kettle is fucked.

My mum is from Stoke on Trent and my wife is from south London, lived in south London for a couple of years, but **** me, I hate getting beaten by poms at anything, especially cricket.

If it's no longer fun walk away... Not punting on cricket ever again. I can't believe how crap we are. Surely at this point we need to get rid of the older blokes who are not going to get any better and play younger blokes who have scope and the time to improve.

Back