Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuart Broad, 2013's nominee for the Diego Maradona "Hand of God" award for 5hit sportsmanship...

311 to get, my money's on Watson to get us off to a good start.

Maybe it was Clarke buying his vacuous fiancée a quarter of a million dollar Aston Martin, and the circus that went with that relationship. Maybe it was that it seemed to come easy to him early on in his career and historically, Hussey, Lehman, Siddons, Hodge and other's never seemed to get much of a crack at it. Maybe it's that he's had blues with Katich and Symonds and always been in the right somehow. It must be hard to do your growing up under such a harsh media spotlight, and he has grown a lot. I do enjoy watching him when he's going and he is in a different league to our next best batsman at the moment, I can't say exactly why he doesn't do it for me though. Hatred is probably to strong a word its more like apathy. No matter what he does I'm not jumping off the couch and punching the air like many other aussie greats have made me.

Still GO OZ!!!

Bridges said:
Maybe it was Clarke buying his vacuous fiancée a quarter of a million dollar Aston Martin, and the circus that went with that relationship. Maybe it was that it seemed to come easy to him early on in his career and historically, Hussey, Lehman, Siddons, Hodge and other's never seemed to get much of a crack at it. Maybe it's that he's had blues with Katich and Symonds and always been in the right somehow. It must be hard to do your growing up under such a harsh media spotlight, and he has grown a lot. I do enjoy watching him when he's going and he is in a different league to our next best batsman at the moment, I can't say exactly why he doesn't do it for me though. Hatred is probably to strong a word its more like apathy. No matter what he does I'm not jumping off the couch and punching the air like many other aussie greats have made me.

Still GO OZ!!!
He's also from NSW.

I think the Aussies can take alot of confidence out of that test. Just need the top and middle order to fire up. They done a hell of a lot better than I thought they would 1 month ago. Apart from some of the decisions, that was one of the best tests I have watched for a while.

All Clarkie had to do in the first innings was to score something like a measly 20 or so runs, and by my calculation we would have won. Didn't even have to put in a captain's knock. Instead, he ducked it like a goose.

I am over watching him prattle on in interviews during the news.
Can't tell the difference between his waffle and that coming from all the assorted footie (all codes) players/coaches/managers/retired has beens.

warra48 said:
All Clarkie had to do in the first innings was to score something like a measly 20 or so runs, and by my calculation we would have won. Didn't even have to put in a captain's knock. Instead, he ducked it like a goose.

I am over watching him prattle on in interviews during the news.
Can't tell the difference between his waffle and that coming from all the assorted footie (all codes) players/coaches/managers/retired has beens.
He got out to the ball of the year, what was he supposed to do?

I've seen under 14s who bat better than Clarke, and have a better attitude... Clarke's time has come and gone, time to hand over the captaincy to Watson.

You know u14's who've scored test centuries in India this year? Shit get on the phone to boof, middle order needs a touch up.
I can see why he cops shit about his leadership and attitude, even though its blown up a bit, but if you reckon he can't bat you know **** all about cricket.

Fantastic test, would have been our the best win in a long time. I had about 10 heart attacks in the last couple of hours!!
The attitude from the aussies was the best I have seen in a while as well.
Hopefully we put in a more consistent effort in the next test and show those Poms what Aussie cricket is all about.

Since everyone seems to be giving their opinion of Clarke.
I think Clarke is our best batsman by a long way he also has a good cricking brain. However, I think he is lacking a bit of the tough as nails/mongrel attitude that so many of the Aussie champs have had in the past.
I could not care less about what car he drives, who he shags or if he is covered in tattoos. I do care about how he bats, the decisions he makes and if he can help to elevate the performance of the other players in the team. This is what he should be judged on. So far in his time as captain I have been impressed with the first 2 just not sure about the last.
Anyway, there is on other option for captain (maybe Agar :) )

Latest posts

Back