Ashers Beer At Feral Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Congrats Asher.

This from Vic Crosslands beer column in the West Australian newspaper today.

asher1.jpg

asher2.jpg

Congratulations Asher, top stuff! How much of your beer was made and how was it/will it be released?

Congratulations Asher. Any plans to brew one of the award winning lagers as well that we keep reading about?

Well done Asher !

A good excuse to head out to the valley to give it a try.

Congratulations Asher, top stuff! How much of your beer was made and how was it/will it be released?

Full batch for Feral, 1200L. Only on tap I believe, serving now. When the WCB'rs were at Ferals for the Chrissy party it was being sold as 'Monty's Mild' and without reference to it's origin's.

Congrats Asher! It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

Yeah not a bad article from Vic Lou, my wife had a lot to do with sorting the media release to get him interested in publishing. A tiny bit about WASABC made it in(Kook, we had a whole lot more in our original release we sent to Vic). But I recon Brendan will be happy with the publicity. I think he was expecting the article to appear in next weeks paper,,,,, so he may be busy today working on the proper labeling for tomorrows opening ;)
Finally I can post some pics of the day. Media savvy Lou wouldnt let me post anything about it till the article ran apparently papers dont like publishing pics that are already in the public domain.

IMG_1392.JPG
Brendan contemplating life... could think of worse places to do it!
IMG_1394.JPG
Me, hard at work!
IMG_1414.JPG
Brendan, Me and assistant brewer Will - Working on the perfectly balanced beer
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1448.JPG
Final Product
IMG_1459.JPG
Last mouthful of "Ashers Mild Child"

Cheers

Asher

Nice one Asher! If your oktoberfest at ANHC is anything to go by, this one should be a cracker too! :super:

Top darts Asher, but a slap on the wrist for Feral for not re-badging the brew to give the credit where its due.

edit:
before anyone gets a wrist slapping, Feral must be acknowledged for getting involved and giving us the chance to play with their brewery.

Top darts Asher, but a slap on the wrist for Feral for not re-badging the brew to give the credit where its due.
I hear Randyrob is planning a second visit with his Dymo label maker to rectify that small oversight :D
And well done Asher, much deserved of course.

Congratulations again Asher. I'm glad this came to fruition and I hope that WASABC can arrange something similar again next year.

A tiny bit about WASABC made it in(Kook, we had a whole lot more in our original release we sent to Vic).

I expected them to pull most of it out anyway, it doesn't make for as much fun reading :)

It's great that we can use this as marketing for next year though.

Congrats Asher well done damn shame I'm too far away to taste the fruits of your labour. I'll just keep an eye out to see if it appears on the selves of the local DM's :D

Latest posts

Back