Asahi kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tahoose said:
If you are going to a get a few for nothing then spend some cash on a tool and coupler then it's worth it.
I have a few commercial kegs but to be honest it's the size that makes them attractive. Cornies are much more user friendly for homebrewers.
Asahi kegs are cornie sized.

Leyther said:
Hmm.... sounds like a lot f hassle, maybe I'll pass on them after all, I cant be arsed hammering away each time to fill it and Keg King want about $70 bucks for the tool, thats a 2nd hand corny alone.
All way too hard IMO. Just stick to normal soda type kegs.

Bribie G said:
Asahi kegs are cornie sized.
Yeah I know, well technically they are bit smaller.

The point I was trying to make was that I offset the extra work using these kegs with the fact that they are 50ltrs.

Tahoose said:
Yeah I know, well technically they are bit smaller.

The point I was trying to make was that I offset the extra work using these kegs with the fact that they are 50ltrs.
But.. they're not 50ltrs.
Am I missing something?

asahi keg.jpg

all this worry about cleaning kegs ?

i often just give them a rinse when the blow with hot h2o, starsan and refill.
if i let them sit just PBW them and the hot H2o and starsan

if the asahi kegs and coupler are free it might be worth it to get into kegging on the cheap

mtb said:
But.. they're not 50ltrs.
Am I missing something?
I'm not sure... What's not clear? I rationalise the extra effort with the commercial kegs that sometimes use because they are a bigger vessel(mostly).

If they are cornie size they would need to be super cheap/free to justify the extra expenditure on couplers, ball lock attachments, maybe a keg opening tool. Rather than just buying cornie's.

Considering that brand new good quality cornies can now be bought for $130, the figures quoted in this thread for connectors, special tools etc would indeed make the Asahis a false bargain. Pity though, probably a great little unit if you already owned the bits and pieces.

Tahoose said:
I'm not sure... What's not clear? I rationalise the extra effort with the commercial kegs that sometimes use because they are a bigger vessel(mostly).
I read your earlier post as stating that the extra effort in using Asahi kegs is worthwhile, because Asahi kegs are 50ltr and convenience of extra capacity offsets the extra effort.. maybe the missus is right, I don't listen :ph34r:

I have a few pallets of these.
I might find out if I can sell them. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1481849937.766793.jpg

mtb said:
I read your earlier post as stating that the extra effort in using Asahi kegs is worthwhile, because Asahi kegs are 50ltr and convenience of extra capacity offsets the extra effort.. maybe the missus is right, I don't listen :ph34r:
All good, might not have read quite so clearly anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back