Artois Bock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I wonder if our UK correspondent can stoop low enough to give it a taste and report back.
Kook ?

Beers,
Doc

UK: Interbrew launches Artois Bock in UK
19 May 2005

Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer. Artois Bock will roll out in selected on-trade and take home outlets from late August, and will be available both on draught (in half-pints only) and in 275ml bottles. Interbrew is positioning its price on a par with other speciality beer brands such as Leffe Blonde and Hoegaarden.

A GBP2m marketing programme including press advertising, an Internet campaign and PR activity will back the launch. Interbrew hopes Artois Bock will benefit from what it calls the halo effect of a GBP40m investment behind Stella Artois this year and GBP7m worth of support for Interbrew UKs speciality beer brands.

In a statement, Phil Rumbol, marketing director of Interbrew UK, said: The speciality beers sector has really taken off over the last two years, bringing new consumers into the beer category. Over the last year we have worked to demystify the sector, opening it up to more people and giving them the confidence to try new styles and beer flavours.

The familiarity with and trust of the Artois name amongst consumers will enable Artois Bock to bridge the gap between premium lager and speciality beer, widening their drinks repertoire.

I'll be sure to give it a go, hell, I stooped low enough to try Carling!

Just found some more info on it.
Looks like the are re-surrecting an old beer.

Beer revival

INTERBREW UK is to resurrect its 113-year-old beer Artois Bock, which it stopped brewing in the late 1950s. A 6.2 per cent ABV version will launch in the summer and will be aimed at the premium market, supported by a 2 million advertising and marketing drive.

Artois Bock was the forerunner of Stella Artois and the drinks giant is hoping that the new beer will benefit from the halo effect of the 40m investment behind the Stella brand.

Doc said:
Just found some more info on it.
Looks like the are re-surrecting an old beer.

Beer revival

INTERBREW UK is to resurrect its 113-year-old beer Artois Bock, which it stopped brewing in the late 1950s. A 6.2 per cent ABV version will launch in the summer and will be aimed at the premium market, supported by a 2 million advertising and marketing drive.

Artois Bock was the forerunner of Stella Artois and the drinks giant is hoping that the new beer will benefit from the halo effect of the 40m investment behind the Stella brand.
[post="60478"][/post]​
From the company that turned Frighteningly Over Priced into its major selling point, I expect to see more marketing hype than quality brewing. If Interbrew UK were actually interested in tradition or selling quality beer in the UK, they wouldn't be axeing real ale brands left, right and centre.

Latest posts

Back