Artisanale Fresh Wort Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaseH

Reaction score
I've been a little slack with the brewing of late, cant say the same for the drinking though! As a result I've found myself in the horrible situation of having 4 dry taps on the kegerator! :eek: I'm down to my bottled reserves.

I've got a few brews planned but noticed these in keg King the other day and was thinking, in order to get another tap online quickly, I might give one of these a go?

Anyone tried these and care to comment if they are any good? The Riggers Black IPA looked interesting

Same ones Grain and Grape sell (pretty sure they make them or at least design the recipes - Riggers is a staff member there).

Anyway I did a couple when I was studying and had less brewing time. Stout's a cracker, couple of the other generic ones are pretty good. Decent keg filler for sure and you can tailor with extra hops etc.

Same situation Frothie gotta get a brew on without much time to do it for a function, Just picked up a couple of the Artisanale Type 1 today, I believe they are made by 3 Ravens, not sure where I read that.
I needed 2 couple of cubes anyway so with the $20 a cube at bunnings and the yeast you get with it it works out at about $20 for the wort so not too bad.

The ales I & II and also the IPA bloody good too. The only annoying thing is when I give em out to mates they often like these best over my homebrews:).

I was speaking to the GG guys about organising a sort of bulk buy of these where they do 2 batches specifically for AHB members if we get interest at a better rate.

They are great FWK's btw.

Well I'm sold - I'll pick one up on the weekend and give it a bash.

If you like a stout, go Ferg's Oatmeal stout FWK that the Grain and Grape have :ph34r: :lol: :kooi:

fergthebrewer said:
If you like a stout, go Ferg's Oatmeal stout FWK that the Grain and Grape have :ph34r: :lol: :kooi:
Not sure KK had that one, if they do I'll give it a go. I'm too far the wrong side of town to get it direct from G&G.

I think the FWK are now done on the 200L Braumeister at G&G. I think Hendo did some. he did the Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black version that has become the Mosey on Brown, when System Wars was there for Good Beer Week.

Ferg is right, even if he is a little biased,, the Oatmeal Stout is cracking... I did it low & slow with Notto and think its a great beer. Hope some survives for next winter...

I have tried the Mosey on Brown and IPA on tap at G&G. Both very nice and better than anything I have brewed so far.

Yeah the mosey on brown was pretty tasty had it the other day. Pretty sure if you can smell them brewing at g&g during the week they are doing the fresh wort kits

@Ferg - when's the 500L Braumeister going in to operation for the FWK's???

So I managed to get Ferg's Oatmeal Stout - it came with S04. Never used S04, is it going to do the beer justice or should I hold out and chase down a more suitable liquid yeast next week.

KK only stock dry yeasts unfortunately and I was hoping to kick it off this weekend

Frothie said:
So I managed to get Ferg's Oatmeal Stout - it came with S04. Never used S04, is it going to do the beer justice or should I hold out and chase down a more suitable liquid yeast next week.

KK only stock dry yeasts unfortunately and I was hoping to kick it off this weekend
If that's what they recommend then I am sure it is fine. It's an amazing beer!

syl said:
If that's what they recommend then I am sure it is fine. It's an amazing beer!
Yep I'll probably give it a shot unless someone pipes up and says otherwise.

They cant really recommend anything else as they only stock dry yeasts - so just wanted to make sure.

syl said:
I was speaking to the GG guys about organising a sort of bulk buy of these where they do 2 batches specifically for AHB members if we get interest at a better rate.

They are great FWK's btw.
This needs to be arranged! Definitely in

I had the Riggers Black IPA, I found it tasted more like a stout than a Black IPA but it might have been the fermenting temperature (to high). It was still really nice tho!

Has anyone tried a FWK pale ale. Might give one a shot.

rusty274 said:
Has anyone tried a FWK pale ale. Might give one a shot.
I made a APA with one of their FWK a few years ago. Type II I think, with some extra crystal and cascade hops. Was a bloody good beer. I don't know if they've changed their recipes but they lads there will be able to point you in the right direction.

JD

Back