Quantcast

Area For Comps

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

pr1me

Reaction score
hey guys, would it be an idea to arrange an area of the forum just to post current/upcomming brewing competitions & results that people at AHB have gotten? Would be good also so interstate members if they wished could enter into competitions that they otherwise wouldnt be aware of.

SAMEAGAIN

Reaction score
Yea I agree Prime but the only problem with the state and national Comps. is that if you dont get a 1st,2nd or 3rd you are not going to get any feed back on your beer so you wont know if they thought it was crap or good or even if the style you made was correct :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:
Regards
Mark

pr1me

Reaction score
plenty of people here do get 1st, 2nd or 3rds... but mostly it would be good just to get the notification of upcomming events.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
You can throw upcoming comps in the Calender. See link under the site logo.

Any maybe people who get places should put the recipes in the Recipes section with a note of the competition results/placing.

Beers,
Doc

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
Doc, the calendar is a good idea. If you want to post something in a forum though there is not really a clear fit. I have chucked a couple of notices into "pub" but having a comp section or broadening the definition of one of the other "newsy" forums would be handy.

Gulf Brewery

Microbrewed beer at it's best
Reaction score
SAMEAGAIN said:
if you dont get a 1st,2nd or 3rd you are not going to get any feed back on your beer
Hi Sameagain

In SA I know you get feedback on your beer if you want it.
When judging I always try to write comments on the form so the brewer can understand what I perceive in the beer. These forms can always be collected or posted.

Cheers
Pedro

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Doc said:
Any maybe people who get places should put the recipes in the Recipes section with a note of the competition results/placing.
Good idea Doc.
I even reckon there should be a spot in the recipes section for brewers beers that have placed in a comp. Thats if people want to post them of course.

cheers

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi
The NSW State Competition will be posting all Judging sheets to all those who have entered. These sheets will have excellent evaluation details of your beer. One of the great things about entering a competition is the comments on your beer. If you read them you should have an idea on how to make that beer better the next time.
Cheers
Ray Mills

dane

Reaction score
Ok I have added a new forum. Please also use the calender in conjuction with forum.

Latest posts