Are you scared of your Census 2016?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danscraftbeer

Reaction score
Discuss. :p

IMO. Anyone could find or feel reasons uncomfortable to fill it out. Then again everyone sacrificed privacy to be on facebook. Or reasons not to fill it out threaten fines up to $180 a day until it is submitted. :lol:
Personally I cant be bothered fearing anything anymore. What's the point? It took 15 minutes and I said its ok to release my information after 99 years.
Fear mongering truly seems a common commodity these days. Or was it comedy? commodity?

edit: (I sware this keyboard or the computer is faulty) :chug:

No.
Down for me anyway.
I think privacy s important but abs will keep me safe from reptiles.

Anyone who really believes this information about themselves isn't already online somewhere and waiting to be hacked is kidding themselves.

Facebook, Google, Apple, your bank, your gym membership, your email accounts, any number of subscriber services, it's all sitting in the cloud or on a server somewhere waiting for the wrong hacker to come and find it. One more won't make a difference.

I grabbed a longie of riversides 777 and sat down to do it with the wife and website was down. tried 3 itmes over the course of 45 mins and gave up

oh well. at least I had the beer

and now the spin doctor bullshit

they were well informed. but no we will not have any problems

it's all hackers fault bla, bla, bla

they couldn't organise a root in a brothel with a handful of 50s

and i bet your info would be safer there too

Fraser's BRB said:
Anyone who really believes this information about themselves isn't already online somewhere and waiting to be hacked is kidding themselves.

Facebook, Google, Apple, your bank, your gym membership, your email accounts, any number of subscriber services, it's all sitting in the cloud or on a server somewhere waiting for the wrong hacker to come and find it. One more won't make a difference.
That's not really the point, the point is that we're giving the government our name, address, reported income, name & address of employer, all in one neatly packaged file which (then say they can't but definitely will) the ATO/centrelink etc will access. So, suck shit to everyone filling out dodgy tax returns or milking inappropriate deductions. The services you mention are separate commercial entities and don't have the legal ability to use this information for anything other than advertising, and don't have the ability to prosecute. The ATO does, and has in the past, and will.

niftinev said:
and now the spin doctor bullshit

they were well informed. but no we will not have any problems

it's all hackers fault bla, bla, bla

they couldn't organise a root in a brothel with a handful of 50s

and i bet your info would be safer there too
Unless you're Craig Thomson.

Liam_snorkel said:
That's not really the point, the point is that we're giving the government our name, address, reported income, name & address of employer, all in one neatly packaged file which (then say they can't but definitely will) the ATO/centrelink etc will access. So, suck shit to everyone filling out dodgy tax returns or milking inappropriate deductions. The services you mention are separate commercial entities and don't have the legal ability to use this information for anything other than advertising, and don't have the ability to prosecute. The ATO does, and has in the past, and will.
But the Government, ATO and Centrelink already have that info.

Whitfield Diffie, one of the primary creators of strong encryption, said back in the 80's that personal privacy could never survive digital technology. Welcome to the future.

Actually, he may have said personal freedom. Can't remember ATM. I'll see if I can find the article.

Liam_snorkel said:
not currently in the same database
Bloody well should be ! Imagine if all the departments could work together it'd save shit loads of money and time.

spog said:
Bloody well should be ! Imagine if all the departments could work together it'd save shit loads of money and time.
What he said.

But really, fill in your online tax return, there's a hell of a lot of information in there that is already pre-populated. Do you really believe that they (the govt) don't already have most, if not all of the data you're giving them in the census?

Not worried about the personal data that I gave them being compromised as 99% of what I told them was lies. I only filled the damed thing out under the duress of a threat of a fine for not doing so, hence they are welcome to choke on the shit sandwich that I sent the fuckers.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Not worried about the personal data that I gave them being compromised as 99% of what I told them was lies. I only filled the damed thing out under the duress of a threat of a fine for not doing so, hence they are welcome to choke on the shit sandwich that I sent the fuckers.
Lucas-Empire-Records-save-empire.gif

Can't access the website and can't reach the helpline to order a paper copy "sorry, we are too busy".
We'll I'm too busy to fill out your census. Bite me.

Latest posts

Back