Are You In Love With A Bit Of Gear Or Equipment?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG Screwtop!

I'm using some stuff, HySan (1ml per litre), that Rossco gave me - the silver ion stuff. I also use a bleach solution in my second bottle. Do you reckon these would be OK?

If not, couldn't I just relieve the pressure once done spraying?

Very shocked,
Pat

Have the solution Pat. Hook up a battery to a couple of small electrodes (make sure the cathode has a silver coating) and drop that in the HySan when not in use, should be able to maintain a good level of silver in the HySan this way. Silver is a great antibacterial, not sure what else makes up the HySan, so if the bottle starts to expand just let off a little pressure by loosening the cap a little. Since your a smoker......WARNING: DON'T GO NEAR IT WITH A LIT CIGARETTE or you might end up back in QLD sooner than expected!
drunk-irish-048.gif

ok I have have a ton of brewing gadgets, but my fav piece of gear has to be my silicone hose.

Wow Screwtop, did u have that av handy waiting for for an appropriate pat / brissy comment ?!?

my fav is my march pump. much less back pain the next morning, & much safer !

guess i'll have to checkout the silicone hose now !

Wow Screwtop, did u have that av handy waiting for for an appropriate pat / brissy comment ?!?

my fav is my march pump. much less back pain the next morning, & much safer !

guess i'll have to checkout the silicone hose now !

Pump has to be on the cards real soon redbeard, hernia is close to requiring surgery, days of lifting 25L in a SS kettle are just about over.

Here's two of my latest loves (on the right) pictured with a prior love...

Combine these and you form a magnificent threesome...

These two girls mean that my entire set-up is now quick-disconnect. It also means I can run 5 up to kegs through one tap with a quick adjustment of two ball-valves.

Thanks to the guys that helped me find the parts and provided the idea. When I get time I'll whack in a credit to you here.

:super:
Pat

P.S. The keg label is on some P plates I stole from the motor registry or whatever they call it here after waiting 3/4 of an hour the other day. (Could write 5 pages on that experience.) Just write on it with a whiteboard marker.

See? I'm always thinking about beer!

Ive suddenly become very very close to my two nasa burners mainly due to my unfamiliarity with cold weather since moving from the tropics to the cooler seasonal climes besetting me.Man are they nice and cosy during a brewday.

Cheers
Big D

Not sure if its the big fridge or the three pack of celli taps inside.

I suspect the March pump is like the old girl friend you took for granted - you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

I'm pretty into my oversized SS mash paddle, I find new uses for it by the day.

sspaddle.JPG

I almost had a lightening design laser cut into the blade, but got paranoid about denaturing enzymes. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back