Are We Talking Pellets?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardy

Reaction score
thanks to everyone who has posted many a great recipe! Right now i am particularly interested in hop additions, and just wanted to know if most of the references you make to hop additions involved hop pellets? or the actual flowers, or plugs. I assumed they were pellets, as that is what is most readily available to me in Victoria... but then again i could be wrong.

Any preference for different forms of hops. I would dearly love to grow some cascade but the rhizomes aren't available until May/June. Anyone know where to get rhizomes in Victoria?

cheers

Try Grain & grape for Hop Rhyzomes.

Grain and grape sell plugs. I bought some casade plugs last week for dry hopping an APA. The aroma is stronger in plugs and whole hops, but pellets are cheaper and a bit more effective for bittering.

As for when looking at recipes, they could of used any of the 3 forms. It's not really worth worrying about though. If they used whole or plugs for bittering, you might want to use slightly less if using pellets but I wouldn't bother.

You might find this page helpful:
http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter5-2.html

Back