Are we even allowed to ask?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
asking why is against company policy

poggor you're now an accomplice, reported!

I received a polite pm by a member and I explained the situation, well, as far as I know what happened.
Long story short, if you get nasty via pm and emails to the owner, the owner's not going to put up with it.

So, Nev got a bit pissed & vented something at Austin?

Firearm directed at metatarsals, methinks....

Is he still unhappy that there are no WA mods..?

MartinOC said:
So, Nev got a bit pissed & vented something at Austin?

Firearm directed at metatarsals, methinks....
I don't believe it was a premiere event.

Most would refer to "Martin OC 's" avatar......

people have to take responsibility for their actions and i can honestly say that it wasn't one action that caused this. its been building for a while.

This would be a confusing thread to read in the future. I don't think there's any reason to protect his name so...

Nev of OnlineBrewingSupplies was banned. Why? I don't know the details but you don't accidentally get banned. He's been banned temporarily before and recently I can see he's had some posts modded and rule 9 quoted. Apart from that, nothing untoward. Obviously as stated above, he handled something the wrong way.

It's a damn shame to see him go, he's been on here for 8 years and there are many valuable posts past and present I've referred to in my short time here. He's the HERM-IT man, proponent of the PVC tube from what I can gather a very fine brewer of beers. There's a lot of valuable discussion on here that he has been involved with and isn't afraid to challenge opinion. Also a very good bloke to deal with in my opinion.

He'll be missed.

Oh damn, Nev's been very helpful to me. Not happy to hear this. Not passing judgement on whether it was deserved or not, I'm just not happy to hear it. I was enough of an asshole once to nearly get banned from the most important thing in my life, so I know it does happen.

I don't talk about bans. I think it's a personal issue best left between the banned and the person doing it. If this was something we could all learn from that might be different, but it's not. It's a personality conflict and I would like to leave it at that.

Please note I do not ban for arguments, disagreeing with me, telling me I'm wrong, or anything of the sort. I encourage dissent.

I wish Nev the best in his business, and hope things truly go well for him. I don't have anything else to say on that point as I will not reveal the personal information that led up to this ban.

Damn. I enjoyed Nev's humour and the knowledge he shared. He certainly had no problems calling it how he saw it.

I shall run the Herm-it at half flow today.

So you're allowed to ban for a personality conflict?

I was a part of the thread where that recent rule 9 violation occurred. Someone asked about buying kegs. Nev said he had kegs. I don't see the harm in that? Especially when another forum retail member had already mentioned a different retail member in that thread.

I'd prefer someone who comes out and says what they're thinking, even if I disagree with it, rather than make bullshit, backhanded, little remarks as seen a few posts above.

StalkingWilbur said:
I was a part of the thread where that recent rule 9 violation occurred. Someone asked about buying kegs. Nev said he had kegs. I don't see the harm in that? Especially when another forum retail member had already mentioned a different retail member in that thread.
Don't see what me mentioning another retailer has to do with anything.

The rules state you cannot tout your own gear anywhere except your retail thread. I've been pulled up on it before, rules is rules, until they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back