Are there any "rules" on here for sponsors?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keg King and Kegland should pull thier heads in and stop the petty sniping on AHB

• Hell yes - Im over it

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Nah - its always good entertainment ot watch a a schoolyard squabble

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Just wondering @AHB_Admin - are there any rules on AHB that govern the content and behaviour of sponsors on this forum?

I'm sure I'm not the only member that is getting a little tired of the subtle, and far from subtle, digs that some sponsors have at their competitors. We all know that there is bad blood between KK and KL and there is all sorts of commercial/legal bickering going on. How about they leave that between themselves and not on this forum.

Is it possible that AHB start to apply some rules around behaviour to sponsors just like they do members. There are plenty of former members of this forum that have been banned for much less.

I going to call it out...

@CEO Keg King
@Keg King
@KegLand-com-au

We all love your products how about you just keep your posts on here to promoting your own products and business and stop the petty sniping at each other.

Id be happy to hear the comments and thoughts of anyone, including all those named above.

Surely you can all come to a gentleman's agreement to behave like gentlemen, at least on here. TBH I reckon the petty stuff is doing more to hurt your own brand and reputation than it does to your competitor.

These forums were bought by a company who monetised them through ads and sponsors. Don't hold your breath

These forums were bought by a company who monetised them through ads and sponsors. Don't hold your breath

happy for the forum to suck the $$ out of the sponsors - would just like to read a post has quality content and isn't a petty swipe at the other.

perhaps I should have started a poll... Who wants the aforementioned sponsors to "pull their head in"

I don't mind the sponsors expressing a point of view, and also pointing out differences between one product and another. If I was selling something and a cheap copy is made and sold with a similar name, while also copping bad reviews I would certainly have something to say.
It is a forum after all, members as well as sponsors should have there say, being denied a right to reply would get up my nose.

Don't forget the legal disputes, trade mark infringements, fake reviews, exploding fermenters and all the other stuff.

I agree they both need to pull in their heads, but the only thing this forums moderators do is delete posts it doesn't like which call them out on their crappy behaviour. AHB is a shell of what it once was.

The rules for sponsors seemed to go out the window when these 2 got more prominent on the forums...

Mind you it's not just on here. They go toe to toe on Facebook too. There was a post on Facebook last night, lordy lordy it got messy.

I would welcome a valid discussion, no personal attacks, just sound grounds of, ' Why to buy my product' I think it would be a fruitful discussion though on the subject of fermenters I think Keg Land would be on the shitty end of the stick.

Last edited:
But seriously, fix your spelling in your poll. It's worse than anything the others are doing ;)

I am conflicted about the poll, im over it but damn if the playground happy slap level of arguments here isn't entertaining.

I personally think that both KL and KK reps shouldn't be allowed to comment on their competitors product threads.
That is indeed the case and was set by the admin long ago. Other than that by and large you will find I only respond when someone mentions us.

Just wondering @AHB_Admin - are there any rules on AHB that govern the content and behaviour of sponsors on this forum?

I'm sure I'm not the only member that is getting a little tired of the subtle, and far from subtle, digs that some sponsors have at their competitors. We all know that there is bad blood between KK and KL and there is all sorts of commercial/legal bickering going on. How about they leave that between themselves and not on this forum.

Is it possible that AHB start to apply some rules around behaviour to sponsors just like they do members. There are plenty of former members of this forum that have been banned for much less.

@CEO Keg King
@Keg King
@KegLand-com-au

We all love your products how about you just keep your posts on here to promoting your own products and business and stop the petty sniping at each other.

Id be happy to hear the comments and thoughts of anyone, including all those named above.

Surely you can all come to a gentleman's agreement to behave like gentlemen, at least on here. TBH I reckon the petty stuff is doing more to hurt your own brand and reputation than it does to your competitor.

They should not be tearing each other down. And I'm glad to see someone is noticing as I've only seen members posting and encouraging the behavior.

If I were being strict, the posts about their products would not be outside the Sponsor forum. And I can block each from posting on the other's threads.

They should not be tearing each other down. And I'm glad to see someone is noticing as I've only seen members posting and encouraging the behavior.

If I were being strict, the posts about their products would not be outside the Sponsor forum. And I can block each from posting on the other's threads.
[/QUOTE

@CEO Keg King
@Keg King
@KegLand-com-au

@CEO Keg King
@Keg King
@KegLand-com-au

You have called it out and I am grateful for this as it helped me in making a decision that has been in my mind.

happy for the forum to suck the $$ out of the sponsors - would just like to read a post has quality content and isn't a petty swipe at the other.

perhaps I should have started a poll... Who wants the aforementioned sponsors to "pull their head in"
Well maybe we need to look at stopping those $$$$ being pissed up against the wall then.

The rules for sponsors seemed to go out the window when these 2 got more prominent on the forums...
I do not appreciate being tarnished with the brush you wield and do not deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back