Are 3/4 Inch NPT Fittings Compatible with BSP ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippy

Reaction score
I know you can get away with interchanging 1/2 inch fittings between BSP and NPT with liquids but would I be pushing it with a 3/4 inch fitting.
If the answer is no, does anyone know where i can get my hands on stainless npt fittings? I need either a 3/4 inch female to 1/2 inch hose tail or a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducing socket.

3/4" is not a match in most thread patterns, you have to stick with the type you have unfortunately.
Try an American company like morebeer.com they tend to have this reducer stuff.
Nev

Thanks Nev I'll have a look.
Another bloody international delivery need shares in USPS.

Engineering supply shops (bearings, bolts and nuts) have npt fittings or can get them.

Hippy said:
Thanks for that link jc64.
No worries :) , I could have been a dick and said 'use the search function and wade through a old thread that may have your answer'. Or, as I was just thinking about my march pump give you a direct link to a answer.

Really, most questions about brewing have already been asked, so if all people have to say is use the search function, than why not disable making new threads altogether? (obviously taking the piss)

Thanks guys. Believe it or not I did do a search, but as it's not for a march pump I didn't think about that one, well it's for a chugger pump which is like a march but has a stainless head. Don't think I'll get away with BSP on a NPT fitting with stainless and I don't want to buy and wait for it to arrive only to find that it leaks or has ruined the thread on my inlet.

3/4 BSP and NPT is like the 1/2 BSP and NPT. I have 3/4BSP fittings on my march pump.

Hippy said:
Thanks guys. Believe it or not I did do a search, but as it's not for a march pump I didn't think about that one, well it's for a chugger pump which is like a march but has a stainless head. Don't think I'll get away with BSP on a NPT fitting with stainless and I don't want to buy and wait for it to arrive only to find that it leaks or has ruined the thread on my inlet.
Seriously, did you even look at the Beerbelly link I added? It would be $16 max (I would think) from them for EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.

Parks said:
Seriously, did you even look at the Beerbelly link I added? It would be $16 max (I would think) from them for EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.
Yes mate I did.
It doesn't specify whether it's NPT or BSP. I have sent them an email to ask though.

booargy said:
3/4 BSP and NPT is like the 1/2 BSP and NPT. I have 3/4BSP fittings on my march pump.
Is your pump head plastic or stainless?

Hippy said:
Yes mate I did.
It doesn't specify whether it's NPT or BSP. I have sent them an email to ask though.
Sorry mate, you copped the "my kids are giving me the sh*ts right now" reply.

I believe the fitting is NPT from memory. I have just looked at mine (same one) and it doesn't have it imprinted on it. I have it on the 3/4" centre inlet March pump with just a small amount of the thin teflon tape and haven't had any problems now for 2 years.

Parks said:
Sorry mate, you copped the "my kids are giving me the sh*ts right now" reply.

I believe the fitting is NPT from memory. I have just looked at mine (same one) and it doesn't have it imprinted on it. I have it on the 3/4" centre inlet March pump with just a small amount of the thin teflon tape and haven't had any problems now for 2 years.
Yeh I know what you mean about kids.
Right now I'm channeling Frank Costanza "Serenity Now" I hear.
Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back