Archive Ipa Competition Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geoff.... I'm out! Tallie and winkle still there though.

Remember to yell obnoxiously, "Blackbeard's delight!!!" at everyone ordering at the bar though.

Holy shit that took me like 20 mins to type on the iPhone... Fat drunk fingers and all.

Route 56 is good, Blackbeards not so much.

And Kris and Perry left just as I turned up.

dropped in for a take away 6-pack. wish I could have stayed to have all 4 IPAs side by side.
Any idea if they will still be on tomorrow and sunday?

To Errrrr is Human to Aaarrrrrgggh is Blackbeards De loight............. arrrhh haarrgh Oi Peee Ay.............. Arrrhh haarrgh

I sure hope so... Will likely be heading in tomorrow arvo either earlyish or lateish depending on when Valley Fiesta finishes for me ;)

Cheers

King Brown says that its too far out for the punters - never tasted rye before their palates too naive.

Hd

Well at least there will be more of it, for us who are well refined beer officinardo's. :icon_chickcheers:

I'll be there tomorrow night and keen to sample the line up a couple of time and educate my pallet some more ;)

Well at least there will be more of it, for us who are well refined beer officinardo's. :icon_chickcheers:

I'll be there tomorrow night and keen to sample the line up a couple of time and educate my pallet some more ;)
That Ryald Chiald (or however the **** you spell it) really grew on me... great beer. Great complexity as it warmed up. Love that spiciness. In my opinion a real beer geeks beer. Should have won.... but... you know... didn't... shame that. Hooray for the people's champ!!! :party:

You guys should be proud of all 4.

There are a heap of random people buying growlers of your beers to take home.

I am quite jealous.....

That Ryald Chiald (or however the **** you spell it) really grew on me... great beer. Great complexity as it warmed up. Love that spiciness. In my opinion a real beer geeks beer. Should have won.... but... you know... didn't... shame that. Hooray for the people's champ!!! :party:

Yeah I really liked the Blackbeards Delight untill I found a pube in it. Should be called Blackbeards Murkin :icon_vomit:

Just jokes, I love a beer with strange ingredients :lol:

Yeah I really liked the Blackbeards Delight untill I found a pube in it. Should be called Blackbeards Murkin :icon_vomit:

Just jokes, I love a beer with strange ingredients :lol:

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................................

Blackbeards Delight :icon_chickcheers:

images.jpg

Blackbeards Delight :icon_chickcheers:

View attachment 48954
That looks like Brads beard...

Yours really grows on you as it warms - nice stuff indeed. Ryald Chiald the stealth beer.
Keep an eye on BD tonight, he's looking like trouble B)
BTW I love dark force - leave all of it 4 me :icon_chickcheers:

Managed to snaffle a Blackbeard's on the way home. Introduced SWMBO to Archive, she liked the bludgy vibe of it, so I will get there with her some time (once getting rid of kids).

Didn't expect blackbeard's to have that dark roasty flavour, very nice though - surprised it won, not because it wasn't great, but , because it doesn't seem very mainstream.

Mrs preferred it - I've trained her by upping my APA by 5 IBU each time and she's now used to APA (and roggenweiss), not lager.

She still doesn't like hoppy beers, though the 50g I whacked into the keg as dry hop might have been slightly OTT.

Goomba

Latest posts

Back