Archive brew day - Holgate Road Trip with Paul Holgate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proffs

Reaction score
So apparently next Tuesday Paul Holgate and Dan Rawlings are gonna be doing a demo brewing Holgates Road Trip in store. Let me just start by saying this is the beer that got me into brewing in the first place.

First question: is this for real? I'm I reading this right?

Second: who's going to work there ass off to get Tuesday off to go?

Yeah man. This is plastered all over facebook. Don't think I can make it but should be a good day.

Proffs said:
So apparently next Tuesday Paul Holgate and Dan Rawlings are gonna be doing a demo brewing Holgates Road Trip in store. Let me just start by saying this is the beer that got me into brewing in the first place.

First question: is this for real? I'm I reading this right?

Second: who's going to work there ass off to get Tuesday off to go?
It is real. Why the doubt? April 1st is more than a week away...
read more here
Doesn't mean you will end up with the recipe though, there is an asterix next to "...chance to take home the award winning recipe" yet no footnote.

Guys it is the 25th of April and absolutely real. Everyone will have a chance to see the roady recipe scaled to a 20L batch. There will be a few Holgate beers on tap, including roady, and nibbles will be provided by Fino fine foods.

Should be a fun day, paul is doing all the calculations from scratch and showing you how he brewed back before computers and brewing software.

For tickets, contact Archive, only $25 bucks.

Not something that you will have a chance to see very often.

Get Archive to hold a couple of tickets for me Dan, I'll pick 'em up on the weekend. Trousers riveted on this time and isn't it your shout for the Billy Bs?

Get on down Luke, what is betterer, spending money on beer or working?

Alright, I'm in. I'll sort something out with work. I'll be the fanboy with the autograph book! Haha

Me and a mate are going should be a good day

From memory that recipe was also revealed at the QHC in Brisbane last year. Unfortunately I got too pissed too early so I don't remember much of it. Might have a photo of the recipe but will keep that to myself, don't want to get in trouble with Mr. pants down.

Got my ticket today. Pretty excited for this one. Hell, with two kids under two I'm pretty excited just to get to the pub!

So how did this day end up? Did anyone get the recipe?

Huh? I thought Holgate were "revealing" their Road Trip recipe?

carniebrew said:
Huh? I thought Holgate were "revealing" their Road Trip recipe?
That is what i read, I was suggesting a CYBI thread for us homebrewers.

It was a great day, had a few beers, some good food and listened to Paul tell his story which I found really interesting, watched "The Keg Whisperer" do a BIAB, got to chat to a few fellow brewers, and yes we all got the recipe . Next year Rossco should do one and give us the recipe for his Fighting Falcon IPA

Great, so are you able to share the recipe now it's in the public domain?

I can't find my recipe sheet atm but when I do I'll post up here. Something tells me Paul won't mind us sharing the recipe he gave us. ;)

Latest posts

Back