Archive Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokomark

Reaction score
Had a session at Archive this arvo. Had a few nice new brews but was a bit disappointed to see nothing on tap from Bacchus.
I enjoy supporting the local micro brewers and would rather see the sale going their way. First time in a while at Archive with no Bacchus on tap.

Hopefully next visit i'll enjoy some Black Goat Ale or another tasty treat from Ross and crew.

Cheers, Mark

Had a session at Archive this arvo. Had a few nice new brews but was a bit disappointed to see nothing on tap from Bacchus.
I enjoy supporting the local micro brewers and would rather see the sale going their way. First time in a while at Archive with no Bacchus on tap.

Hopefully next visit i'll enjoy some Black Goat Ale or another tasty treat from Ross and crew.

Cheers, Mark

Did you try 4 Degrees Summer Wheat, it's local?and it's brewed at Bacchus......but you're right more bars in BNE need to support local brewers. Sooo many interstate brews are around the place.

I guess they like variety.

Can usually find Bacchus at Bitter Suite/Hideaway/Underbelly/Scratch.

Underbelly, Hideaway, Super Whatnot, The End and Scratch all have their brews on.

Underbelly, Hideaway, Super Whatnot, The End and Scratch all have their brews on.
And they do turn up pretty regularly at Archive as well ;)

Did you try 4 Degrees Summer Wheat, it's local?and it's brewed at Bacchus......but you're right more bars in BNE need to support local brewers. Sooo many interstate brews are around the place.

Of course we had some of your Summer Wheat.

A megaswilling mate from Sydney was up for half a days work and I was keen to have him sample some of our local tasty brews. He was quite amazed that the place was so full without a mainstream beer on tap.
The XXXX pub across the road looked all but empty.

I reckon right about now he's waiting for Dan Murphys to open. He was really impressed by White Rabbit White Ale, and keen to try a few different brews.

Another convert.

Mission accomplished.

I do appreciate the choice that Archive offers but the price....a kick to the junk. I'm forced back to quasi-megaswill. :(

I do appreciate the choice that Archive offers but the price....a kick to the junk. I'm forced back to quasi-megaswill. :(

Jeez if you think Archive is expensive, don't try drinking at any of the other craft beer joints in town....

I doubt many could afford to drink their everyday. But their range is there to explore at your leisure.
Drink your home brew, keep pushing the envelope. Save some pennies, and go spend a couple of pineapples every once in a while.
As KBB stated, their prices aren't bad compared to what's around Brisbane.

Of course we had some of your Summer Wheat.

A megaswilling mate from Sydney was up for half a days work and I was keen to have him sample some of our local tasty brews. He was quite amazed that the place was so full without a mainstream beer on tap.
The XXXX pub across the road looked all but empty.

I reckon right about now he's waiting for Dan Murphys to open. He was really impressed by White Rabbit White Ale, and keen to try a few different brews.

Another convert.

Mission accomplished.

Cheers, nice work on the conversion!

I doubt many could afford to drink their everyday. But their range is there to explore at your leisure.
Drink your home brew, keep pushing the envelope. Save some pennies, and go spend a couple of pineapples every once in a while.
As KBB stated, their prices aren't bad compared to what's around Brisbane.

Yea you could be right there, more home brew is probably the answer. Is just a little frustrating when there is so much good beer in front of your eyes but your wallet holds you back. Then again my mind could be trapped in 1996 and still thinks a schooner is $3

Yea you could be right there, more home brew is probably the answer. Is just a little frustrating when there is so much good beer in front of your eyes but your wallet holds you back. Then again my mind could be trapped in 1996 and still thinks a schooner is $3

I'm a tightarse as well mate, but like you said life is to short to pass up good beer.

Back