Apr 18th At The Jovial Monk

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jovial_Monk

Batz has asked me to put a post on the board re next Sunday.

For the out of towners, the shop is on the corner of Frederic St and Duthy St, Unley. The brewdemo is in the little driveway behind the row of shops (entrance from Frederick St.) There is a big carport thingy there, even if it is pissing down raining we will be snug as a bug in a rug, we will have running water and a power point.

I envisage starting at 9.30 with the heating of the strike water: if all rock up at that time I can show the out of towners through the shop.

I will bring my smaller mash tun, hlt/kettle, gas, CFC, yadda yadda. I am bringing 2-3 kegs and my CO2 bottle, plenty of beer, I also have glasses enough. What will we do for lunch? I have an urn, tea/coffee/milk etc but I do not have a BBQ. Any Adelaide AHBer that could bring a BBQ? I am sure I can buy half a side of lamb cut up into chops from the butcher one door down. be nice to have some firm numbers, RSVP direct to [email protected] please.

I will ask those attending to sign a visitors book, so i can send all a bottle or two of the finished beer that we will brew that day (and yes, you will be on the newsletter mailing list as well, too bad!)

What beer shall we brew? Since winter is not far away what about an oatmalt stout?

Jovial Monk

Gday Jovial Monk

I could supply a bbq no hassles as long as someone could trailer it to your shop and back for me as it is a 4 burner bbq....also i could supply a smaller bbq but someone will need to supply a gas bottle if my 4 burner bbq is used

far as the beer that is chosen to be brewed how about our sdandgroper guest Batz choose the brew

cheers
ozdevil

count me in.
i'll be riding the bus unless i can get a lift then i can get charged up so i can't bring a BBQ unless i drop it of the day before and pick it up the following day.

do you want us to all pitch in some cash for the beer?
proberly easier for you if we just all bring our own meat.
i don't know its up to you if you want to get it and we chip in fine also.

see you there
jayse

Yep , all chip in towards the beer JM is putting on

What about all chipping in and getting some take away for lunch ?
Pizza , chook? Would be easy no one cooking , more time for drinking

Just an idea anyway , I'll go with the flow

good thinking batz.
pizza sounds great.

Jayse

JM
you can put me down for that day.
Ill go with the flow but i recon Batz's idea of take-away is simple and not as inconvenient for anyone to have to set up bbq, gas, etc.
Whatever suits all will suit me!
Cheers

Boys from the bush , easy to please

Give'm a beer , their happy

:chug:

Just received 5Kg amarillo pellets, just as well I rang Hopco last week, I was the one ordered them and they were about to ship the last boxes out somewhere!

Reckon an American Brown as the brew

3 Amarillo additions
500g crystal wheat, 250g dark wheat for color, ale malt as the base grain
probably a half size batch to reduce the time spent hanging around waiting for water or wort to heat up?

Jovial Monk
PS Pizza sounds fine, I might make a couple on Sat night and bring them along

Batz said:
Yep , all chip in towards the beer JM is putting on

What about all chipping in and getting some take away for lunch ?
Nae wurries, I'll just have to remember this time it is long arms and short pockets! :rolleyes:

9.30 Is a nice early start for tommorow.
its tommorow right?
I don't finish work tonite till 5.30 am.
ohwell i'll get plenty of rest when i die.

is everyone still rocking up?

jayse