Apple Juice Concentrate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony.R.M

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of you have needed apple juice concentrate for a receipe or for something else, however; after looking through many many supermarkets, health food stores, international grocery stores etc... I found it in Coles in their health food section.

I'm looking forward to using it for my Carmel Apple Hard Cider which is currently fermenting.

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for. Is this Upstate Mike's Recipe? ;)

Yeah it's for Upstate Mike's recipe. Today is Day #14 so I'll be checking the gravity and putting in part two of the recipe.

With so many positive comments, I can't wait to drink this one.

We must be shopping at different Coles'. The closest I could find was Orange and Mango concentrate in the juices section in the back corner. Spent about 45 minutes looking I reckon. Ah well, I'm sure it'll still work, Orange and Mango will just give it a slightly different flavour. :)
Good luck with the batch.

Haha wow that's serious commitment. What brand was it? And I presume it came in a tin?

250mil glass bottle actually. Brand name is Pure Harvest. I think it cost me $3.30 a bottle...

Why wouldn't you just buy a can of kit cider.......its only apple juice concentrate anyway?

Because the Blackrock cider kit is ~$30 and it is only apple juice concentrate anyway.

Most other kits will have artificial sweeteners.

Hey Anthony, how many of these 250mL bottles did you use to backsweeten the cider?

Have you tried it yet? How'd it come out?

I haven't tried it yet as i've moved it to a secondary but the recipe called for about 5 of these bottles.

If you guys have an SPC outlet nearby, get in there. There's always cheap, preservative free juice. In fact, I have 12L of apple cider fermenting away now which I bought for $1.25 a litre. Cheaper than petrol!

Back