Apple Co-founder Steve Jobs Dies Aged 56

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very sad news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15193922

The 80's were terrific The Apple IIe I bought at the time is still the computer that holds the fondest memories for me, closely followed by my collection of Atari St's.
I paid $1500 for a slightly used one at the time & spent hours copying the Basic programs from Apple magazines into a cassette recorder, it was terrific fun & very satisfying when you got them to run!
I loaned the magazines from the local Library because I was broke after paying for the computer :eek: . Sold it for $1200 (a great return on my original purchase) when the Atari Ste hit the market.
A lot of computer engineers mounted the Motherboard of the original Apple computer on their office walls because it was seen as a masterpiece of engineering genius by Steve Wozniack, Jobs partner.

Aaaaahhh! great times, RIP Steve Jobs you earned it.

Pretty sure this calls for some sort of commemorative cider or something...

I'll be raising a glass to this man. One of first pioneers of the modern way of life.

Honestly, most would be hard pressed to say that their life wasn't in some way influenced by the results of this great man's work.

I'll be raising a glass to this man. One of first pioneers of the modern way of life.

Honestly, most would be hard pressed to say that their life wasn't in some way influenced by the results of this great man's work.
+1 Well said

A quote I saw yesterday-
"There have been 3 apples that have changed the course of history,
The apple that Eve ate,
The apple that fell on Newton's head,
and Steve Jobs."

wonder if his tombstone will read 'iDead'?

It really is quite sad. 56 is way too young to be passing away.
I dont know a great deal about the man (I didnt even know he had cancer until news broke yesterday) but obviously he was a cluey fella and a man who knew how to get what he aimed for.

An Apple a day keeps the doctor.... oh, never mind...

I wonder if he left any of the millions he made to cancer research?

Must have been going fast huh?

Capture.PNG

One of the sad things for the world is he had so much more potential. In 30 years look how he changed the world, and specifcally the world of technology

3 Major Paradigm shifts

Personal Computing
GUI Computing
Touch Computing with the Internet in your Pocket

Voice Computing next?

And as side projects he revolutionised animated cartoons and the music industry.

He could probably have led Apple for another 20 years if his heath had of held up, and who knows where Apple would have led the technology world then...

And that is the true loss to the world

Not sure if I agree entirely.
Electricity
Penicillin
The Internal combustion engine
Beer
I can't quite imagine life without them, but other than being able to correspond with you fine people, I don't think I'd miss any Apple products.

One of the sad things for the world is he had so much more potential. In 30 years look how he changed the world, and specifcally the world of technology

3 Major Paradigm shifts

Personal Computing
GUI Computing
Touch Computing with the Internet in your Pocket

Voice Computing next?

And as side projects he revolutionised animated cartoons and the music industry.

He could probably have led Apple for another 20 years if his heath had of held up, and who knows where Apple would have led the technology world then...

And that is the true loss to the world

Not sure if I agree entirely.
Electricity
Penicillin
The Internal combustion engine
Beer
I can't quite imagine life without them, but other than being able to correspond with you fine people, I don't think I'd miss any Apple products.

It's not the apple products you'd miss, it's the paradigms

Back