Apparently We're The Suckers Who Will Want It

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zizzle

Reaction score
http://www.futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com/tech...-chilled-687620

The beer is said to have a creamier taste and texture due to the frozen foam than regular beer in an icy mug. As the foam melts, it wont dilute the beer with water as regular ice cubes would because the foam itself is, of course, beer.

For those hankering to get a pint of the brew, a visit to Japan is in order. Ichiban Shibori Frozen Draft is currently available in Tokyo and will be served countrywide this May.

No word yet on when the soft-serve beer foam will be topping brews outside of Japan, but the Australian market might be willing to give the suds a try. "The most important characteristic of beer (there) is that it must be very cold," notes British beer writer Pete Brown in Three Sheets to the Wind.

some pommy snob ******* said:
Australian market might be willing to give the suds a try. "The most important characteristic of beer (there) is that it must be very cold,"

sqo3n8.jpg

whats wrong with cool beer?? I like when my beers warm up a bit gives them a new perspective :p I could pour it warmer but then I would have to drink it faster :p

Pete Brown gets a gold "NFI" stamp from me, I believe he is only showing how little he knows by making statements like that.

Harden up, He's right.

All the mainstream beers are supposed to be drunk <4c

wow i have just bought some kilkenny irish ale to try, it is the worst beer i have ever tasted, lacks any flavour, no malt hit, no hops , its flat, what the shit do they see in this crap,

really disappointed with this.

so yes give me anything that has bubbles.hops,malt and i wont complain ever again.

fergi

Kilkenny is meant to be sessionable. On tap and fresh in a pub that keeps its lines clean and maintained it is delightful. Subtle but delightful. Old examples and many cans can be pretty lifeless.

I'd read the rest of Pete's blog before condemning him on one out of context comment appearing in a bit of marketting/info news about kirin.

Good to see something on that Blog on the George Inn down in Southwark, near to London Bridge. Many a morning/afternoon... doubt I made the book though and the article drifts onto Rastamouse. Sorry, what was the question again?

wow i have just bought some kilkenny irish ale to try, it is the worst beer i have ever tasted, lacks any flavour, no malt hit, no hops , its flat, what the shit do they see in this crap,

really disappointed with this.

so yes give me anything that has bubbles.hops,malt and i wont complain ever again.

fergi

lol Manticle, I think sessionable is a nice word for bland cheaply made shite, just like their flagship guinness, and their crap effort at carlsberg under licence is nearly as bad as CUB's VB in disguise.

Well I don't mind a pint of bland cheaply made shite from a clean tap in the right place.

Then again I will drink carlton draught on occasion too.

Anyone can make beer slurpies.
Put a bottle of beer in the freezer for too long, til it's not yet frozen but about to be. 60 to 90 minutes usually.
Take it out. Open the lid. Watch it freeze up in front of your very eyes.

We've all done it, right?

Put a bottle of beer in the freezer for too long, til it's not yet frozen but about to be. 60 to 90 minutes usually.

Back in the old days, now I freeze kegs. :icon_cheers:
Nev

I used to be quite good at making VB sculptures in the freezer.
Happened nearly every weekend, never learned :icon_drunk:

Kilkenny is meant to be sessionable. On tap and fresh in a pub that keeps its lines clean and maintained it is delightful. Subtle but delightful. Old examples and many cans can be pretty lifeless.

I'd read the rest of Pete's blog before condemning him on one out of context comment appearing in a bit of marketting/info news about kirin.

:icon_offtopic:
Hey is anything here ON topic?

When I was at the Queensland University of Technology a few years ago I was in a project group with Norwegians and some Swiss Guys and when we were out for a session they always hit the Kilkenny (there were a couple of Irish Themed pubs in the area) - they were all basically straight off the plane and reckoned it was the only Aussie beer (it's made at Yatala) they could stomach, reminded them of a good Euro dunkel style I suppose.

I don't mind it at an Irish Pub with a bit of a turnover, and the widget cans aren't too bad - they are made in Ireland.

Especially when he is broadly correct.

You even go to any of the halfway decent beer venues around here and the beers are usually cold enough to nearly hurt your teeth - regardless of style. Even at the brewery itself in many cases. This country is obsessed with cold, cold beer. Anyone getting their kickers in a twist about the brief mention in the article needs a reality check. And also take the glasses out of their fridge/freezer.

I bet the Kilkenny isn't what it used to be or whatever, I wasn't around to tell the difference. But a mate who lives in Kilkenny, manages a bar once told me its not make in Kilkenny anymore.

fwiw, when I want a nearly fuckall hops beer that is not phenolic or spicy, I'd grab a can of Kilkenny. Its different and I sort of like it, but I won't drink it every day.

Back