• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Apartment Brewing Setup For Sale - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfxm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am moving overseas and would like to offer up my brewing setup. I have been brewing small batches of 4 to 5 litres for almost 2 years now and have been getting some great results from this gear. Also included is some regular scale stuff which can be used for full 23 litre batches or partial mashes. The system is small scale because I brew in my apartment and like to experiment a lot. I started doing extract brewing like this after watching the Basic Brewing episode where they brewed a 6-pack of IPA (http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbv01-12-06.mp4), and then decided to turn it all grain with a mini mash tun.

Looking for someone to take the lot for $150.
PM me if your interested and can pick it up from Inner Melbourne ( Carlton ).

Here is what is included:

Marga Mill Grain Crusher

All attachments included, unmodified but included is the "diverter & downpipe" hopper from bunnings ( which i never actually used ).
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=899

20 Litre Lauter Tun
Plastic pail with 9inch stainless false bottom, hose and hose clamp built by Grain & Grape. Used only a few times - great if just for the stainless false bottom.
http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=6993

15 Litre Converted Cooler Mash Tun & Mash Paddle
My main mash tun; a small gatorade-style cooler with ball valve and stainless braid. Included is a spare and unused stainless braid and some clamps. I think it's 15 litres. Might be a little less, but I have brewed small batch double ipa's with it using 2 kilos of grain just fine.

Two 12 Litre Pots
One Scanpan and one Arcosteel stainless pots/kettles. Good for getting a decent boil on a regular kitchen stove. Partial mash & boil, or do what I do and full boil into small fermenters.

5 Litre Fermenters / Demijohns with Airlocks, Cleaning Brush and Racking Cane
3 glass demijohns/jugs used for fermenting small batches. Included is 4 airlocks, a few extra bungs, an acrylic racking cane for transferring and/or bottling and also a couple 2 Litre jugs (great for starters).

23 Plastic Fermenter
Coopers style, with tap. Good for full batch fermenting.

Two Ring Outdoor Burner, Hose & Regulator
Take the small batch brew outdoors on a summer's day!

Salts, Hydrometer & Digital Stick Thermometer
Some Whirfloc tabs and remaining Calcium Suplate, Calcium Chloride and Magnesium Sulphate salts to tweak your brew. Also an almost full Five Star 5.2 ph Stabiliser (1 lb). Phosphoric acid for water pH adjustment. Wyeast yeast nutrient almost full. Classic hydrometer and stick thermometer for mash temps.

PH Meter & some strips
Digital pH meter (PH-03) with a bottle of pH4 calibration solution, a set of spare batteries, manual and calibration screwdriver. Also pack of 5 pH strips from grain & grape.
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=952.

Pint Bottles
A box of empty pint bottles which i find give a great carbonation level when using Cooper's Carbonation Drops for priming. Also a handful of empty orval bottles which are great when experimenting with wild yeast.

Dave Miller's Homebrewing Guide & 15 Issues of BYO
Great book written by Dave Miller discussing home brew techniques, some pages coming out but still good. Also some BYO magazines for reading pleasure.

I will be away from this Thursday 25th March to Monday 29th March, but happy to organize a pickup time with a buyer around that. If someone is willing to buy and pickup before Thursday this week I will throw in a Chinook Hop Plant in Pot so you can grow some hops on your balcony. Mmmmm, harvest ale.

Cheers!

Tom

I think it's sold to ampy .... Cheers

damn... would have loved to have bought some of that stuff

Buy of the century thanks Tom, enjoy the U.K!

<br />Tom,<br />Is your equipment still for sale ?<br />Rob W<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hard to say hey ! Let's read some of the earlier posts and try to decifer the funny words on the screen to determine whether it's still for sale.

hundred posts in ... not a newbie anymore

so there :p

we'll try to be nicer in the future we promise...

I make no such promise.

I am happy with my current level of niceness.

You have beautiful eyes.

How about I phone up the Hong kong kitchen and get us all some crispy duck?

When this has blown over let's go and see les miserables.

Have you been to the Zoo? It's brilliant

You have beautiful eyes.

How about I phone up the Hong kong kitchen and get us all some crispy duck?

Much laughter from that one. I LOLOLOL'ed

All the attention makes this little girl blush. Text-Speak cannot express !

That blokes post was fairly dumb though, right fellers ? Fellers?!

hundred posts in ... not a newbie anymore

Christ, youre right. I have no idea how I made that many posts in two months. I thought I was an irregular contributor.

Waiting for that to be quoted and thrown in my face.

Much laughter from that one. I LOLOLOL'ed

All the attention makes this little girl blush. Text-Speak cannot express !

That blokes post was fairly dumb though, right fellers ? Fellers?!
yeah..that blokes post was pretty dumb...esp seeing it was a first post...lol...
Sorry BD...we did not seek out to make ya blush....
Manticle...can i get some hoisin sauce with my duck , please ?

Say "Hoisin Duck" twelve times while standing on your head after a quart of sherry.

So what's for sale still on this thread?

Latest posts

Back