Anzac Day At Kens

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should we fill up the tun with hot water and malt.

• no just sit and get drunk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes i'll even put my hand up to help out with that

• that sounds like a great idea

• a brew going in the back ground is a great idea

• yes. hell might freeze over before ken christians the gear

• why the hell wouldn't we do it

• no i heard jayse is bringing SFPA so i'll sit and drink that.

• all of the above

• Total voters

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
I think if were gunna be sitting around talking beer all afternoon it will be quite simple for us to do a simple allgrain brew with the MLT and copper washer.
all you need else is a piece of hose.

too brew or not too brew that is the question.

it won't require much attention.

i propose these apointments
ken sanitation supervisor
jayse HLT and final CFC supervisor
some new brewers to mash tun supvisors
and batz and BBB to boil supervisors

anyone else gets malt and hops measurements and malt crushing.

kens got enough stuff to make the recipe up on the day.
i propose a robust porter.
i'll bring same carafa type 2 for the roasted malt additions

anyway good idea or not?

jayse

BBB and I have to boil the supervisors ??? :blink: :unsure: :ph34r:
Who r they :D :p

Boil Supervisor!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ! I will have to wear my hat.

Or Batz's definition means that we might be riding brooms to Ken's Anzac Day :ph34r:

Male brew Witches enjoying themselves.

:chug: :chug: :rolleyes: ;)

i'll bring the fire and brimstone also.
maybe some crows feet.
or maybe will just boil the wort will see.

cheers jayse
waiting till dave opens to get my amarillo and start a brew.

I can see by the poll I will fit in well with those attending

:chug: :chug: :chug:

If everyone is willing to help and contribute - we can do an All Grain beer.

We could also, do one to fit into the steve nicholls mash paddle competition - enter as an Aussie homebrewer Team compilation.

I will ahve to get my act together.

Will need to choose a suitable recipee...

Who is up for it...

hey i will be supervisor of the looker onerers as i have no clue on all grain beers as being a newbie with only 2 brews under my name

anyway its starting to sound like it is going to be a top day at gmks and i am totally looking forward to it

cheers
ozdevil

glad to see your up for it ken.
will just make it simple no need for any flashy setup but you will need you CFC working or you could make up you herms coil and use it for a imersion chiller on the day.
let me now if you need any connections to finish of a cooler.
or alternatively i could bring one of my CFCs' which are all ready plumbed.

to late for anymore entries for the mash paddle even if he did take such a brew i reckon it would be deducted points straight from the start for not being based on a individuals skills as the comp is intended.
so it would never make it to the second round for that reason.

we could do a mountian goat pale ale type beer with your cryer malt and crystal hops.
you really need ale malt for either a mash paddle beer or my suggestion of robust porter.

anyway iam willing to do my bit.
so far its 6 against 2 for brewing.

happy brew times ahead
jayse

OK...

I will start getting everything ready...
Here is a list of amlts i have...
roast Barley, Black Malt, Crystal rye & Xtal Malt, cararoma 3, caramunich 1,
Ale malt, cryer malt, wheat malt.

Hops - must have 10 different varieties except FUGGLES...even have some chinook.

i like the sound of the skunk fart...open to suggestions - should we have a poll.

I'm hoping to be able to rock up, but probably won't be able to make it for the whole day - been away worknig over a few weekends lately, so I'm beginning to forget what my daughter looks like..... and who is that woman that keeps hanging around my house ??

Besides, I need to get my hops off Ken !! And I need a new coloured picture to stick on my beer fridge (only Ken will get that one) :D

Hope to see you guys there

This mash stuff is a total mystery to me, so I'll do what I'm told and go were I'm pointed (within reason).

Does this change the start time, 'cos there's more work to be done?

Start time...

What does every one want - i can accomadate from 11-00am.

But, the earlier the better if we are going to brew.

I have run out of EKG Hops - can someone bring some up.

Jayse,

What recipee are we doing - do you want to do a theakstons AG or a thomas hardy barley wine or a skunk fart.

I like the sound of the first 2.
Then i should be able to mail a bottle out to those who helped out in the brew.

Ken....

GMK said:
What recipee are we doing - do you want to do a theakstons AG or a thomas hardy barley wine or a skunk fart.
don't really like the idea of trying to clone those two big beers you mentioned ken.
To make it easy i wouldn't try and make a big OG wort.
just stick with a basic pale ale that you can ferment with any ale yeast you have.
or you could do a steam beer with the 2112 easily.
just use the cryer malt, some crystal malt and those american hops santium, crystal and ahtanum together.
this beer will be along the same lines as my APA.
with the T.O.P it involves other sugars in the boil and the barley wine takes much more effort to brew.

anyway thats my thoughts, keep it simple.

cheers jayse

I am cool with the brews , but an early start i think is the go

Shit, i have been looking at this thread, Im like Who the heck is Ken, I only knew him as GMK, hahaha

Well id love to see a AG demo, Like Wee Stu, Im a amateur though, BUt this might be the stepping stone we both need :)

We could all throw a few gold coins in and that way we could grab a bottle each once its all finished??? sound ok?

So we're bringing some salad's/meat??? and some gold coins :)

Ben

PS: do you need any bottles Ken? I could bring some up if you intend on bottling it to send out, I have a shitload of crown lager bottles i dont mind sacrificing

Crown larger bottles sounds excellent.

I really need some - just put down a partial Barley wine - it is huge will take/pay for all the crownies you want to get rid of...

did u want me to bring some for our all grain brew that we're doing on anzac day though???

I will work out how many i have/can spare

Ben

If you need bottles I have fair few Hahn premium stubbies clogging up part of the shed.

Mate who used to brew gave me them, and he's hassling me for the large wooden crates they came in!

Need a good bleach bath, they were in his shed a while before coming to mine! - but I can get them ready for Anzac day if wanted. I think there's over a hundred.

Gday All

My chueffuer has informed me that she doesnt want to make up a salad or a huge desert but she would like to make a specialty of hers which is Bananas wrapped in Bacon if you all would like to try or that she Will supply a cheesecake or similar from the cheesecake shop

oh by the way for those in the North who want a chueffuer driver pick them up and bring them home at the end of the day is more then welcome

I have room in the back of my vechile for 3 people

Just PM if you require a lift and first in best dressed

cheers and beers
ozdevil

Back