Anyone using the new samsung S4

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bradsbrew

I am still quite happy with my S2, but may look at upgrading. Anyone have one of these yet?

I'm waiting on mine to arrive in the mail, currently an iPhone user but I have a Samsung tablet. Can't wait!

I'd wait a few months, there is word of a "rugged" version to compete with the Sony Xperia Z

sp0rk said:
I'd wait a few months, there is word of a "rugged" version to compete with the Sony Xperia Z
It comes with Gorilla Glass, how rugged do you want it?

Edit: I put a protective back cover on my Galaxy Note, I'd quite happily throw it off a cliff. (which I might be tempted to do if Vodafail don't upgrade around here as promised)

I see the point in it, got rained on riding a bike and the frikkin iPhone sometimes goes to sleep for 1-2 minutes before coming alive on its own accord. As used as I am to the istone now, I might be tempted by an environmentally sealed phone.

Latest iphone performed better in the dunk test than the sgs3 and 4. Check redmond pie for the vids. Also only the iphone survived the corner drop test. I am a long time android user btw.

What kind of CLUMSY **** makes their smartphone decisions based on how much water they can dunk it in or what height they can drop it from?

Keep your old phone. This is why you can't have nice things.

People who go to sea in small boats, plumbers...

Some people are both.

Here in the tropical north I have a couple of issues with water. One is the high humidity and subsequent copious amounts of sweat if you work or play outside, the other is the torrential downpours that occur during our wet :)

I just use a clip-seal sandwich bag when I go riding or being outside in the wet season, admittedly my iphone has been pretty tough in regards to the sweat problem. I don't use a case of any sort just front and back screen protectors.

Still, the S4 is gonna kick arse!

Sucks to a windows phone user. :). Android all the way in my galaxy

Bribie G said:
I'd quite happily throw it off a cliff. (which I might be tempted to do if Vodafail don't upgrade around here as promised)
I'm quite surprised that you out of all people are not on Aldi Mobile yet!
Most of Telstra's advantages for an Aldi prize.

EDIT: On second thought, you might still be enjoying a 'special contract' with Vodaphone.

No, paying the full whack now - I'll get onto the TIO and get out of the contract and get something prepaid via Aldi. I don't really need the phone as much as I did in Brisbane anyway - I got it for use on the train and ringing SWMBO when I was out etc, but nowadays use it mostly for finding places when I'm out and about and browsing off the WiFi so probably just get a cheap android tablet for that.

I dropped my iphone 4S in the dunny while pissing once. That was fun.

It's still good.

Sorry Stu but windows phone is the future. You just haven't caught up yet.

CEO of BlackBerry declared tablets as having no future yesterday. We should all get the new Q10. Those guys know their shit for real.

Back